Mein Drumpf

Would you prefer…

2 Likes

Weird. I had you pegged as an American. Now reading all your posts in an Australian accent till I know more.

7 Likes

11 Likes

It seems like Drumpf might be the Schicklgruber of our age.

2 Likes

L Ron Drumpf? He looks uncannily like Elron with that hat on.

4 Likes

Trump as Captain Stubing?

4 Likes

How about this?

28 Likes

I think you’re right that he won’t be because of congress and the supreme court. (Though that didn’t stop Jackson from running around perpetrating genocide, I don’t think that would fly now.)

I don’t even think he aspires to be a Hitler, or even a Franco. Really has no higher aspirations than being kind of a redneck banana republic mussolini as far as I can tell, but I don’t even see him getting away with that, domestically. The one thing the president can do without congressional approval is start a war with pretty much anyone, and be in so deep that congress feels like they have to follow along before they get a chance to vote on it.

5 Likes

8 Likes

I thought George W. Bush was Hitler? And before that Ronald Reagan.

7 Likes

Yes, but his logos are all great, golden logos. And even his face is golden, like one of the oranges from his Florida estate.

1 Like

I don’t think he is from across that pond. I think it is the other one. But maybe I am wrong ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

How’s this then?

16 Likes

Sure, but it will never get that far either. In a world of constant media coverage and everybody carrying cell-phone cameras, any pro-Trump goon who starts smashing windows or busting heads will be instantly publicized worldwide. When it comes to politics there is such a thing as “bad publicity.”

I can imagine ways where he really does become some kind of dictator, but the chain of events needed would be pretty far-fetched. The fact that Trump proposes ideas that are clearly unconstitutional or diplomatically impossible illustrates that he has no idea how American government works-- the guy has never held elected office, it’s not like being a CEO. A Trump Presidency is more likely to be ineffectual than despotic.

18 Likes

It’s Hitlers all the way down!

18 Likes

I really hope you are right, but a few months ago the chain of events needed for him to become a serious contender for presidential nominee was pretty far-fetched. It’s no longer far fetched to see him as a likely president.

Personally, I think he just wants the job title on his resume, and is happy to be a completely transparent demagogue to get there.

But I’m not entirely comfortable with how the US apparatus of state will behave itself with him in charge.

4 Likes

No chance. tRump has got to know that there’s oil up there.

Has anyone else noticed that all the things wrong with the world currently begin with the letter ‘D’? Drones, Drumpf, … (please continue)

I just picked Australia at random. Mainly because I suck at Moroccan accents.

5 Likes