Melania Trump receives "loud and substantial" booing when giving speech

No, but my views on selective breeding are.

Its exactly like Idiocracy. Exactly. Every. Goddamn. Day.

I wish the American gene pool was a real pool I could extricate myself from having to swim in

Zsa Zsa would rather be on the farm.

2 Likes

Lets be honest, the only purpose for the trip was for Melania to get out of DC and continue her tryst with her secret service detail.

Because if you are the wife of Donald Trump, you are pretty used to being humiliated in public. Usually by your own husband.

3 Likes

Fun city. Don’t let The Wire scare you off from it. Great seafood and barbecue. Good for a 2 day trip.

3 Likes

Honestly, I can’t feel bad about any harm that befalls the trumps. They deserve it. I hope they all die of bone cancer.

Except their minor children. With any luck they’ll have the self awareness to be ashamed of what they come from.

“She Ain’t Pretty - She Just Looks That Way”

2 Likes

Baltimore is wonderfully funky. I love the place.

1 Like

I suspect the chances of Baron turning out to be anything other than a monster are vanishingly small. And that’s if he isn’t one already.

2 Likes

Trump’s adult children and third wife are active collaborators in his malfeasance. His younger children are out of bounds. And if someone’s response to that is that Trumpkins wouldn’t be so ethically judicious, good, don’t be like Trumpkins.

I will never judge people based on the circumstances of their birth. That’s petty, ignorant and above all fatalistic. Unfuck that noise. But I will always judge people based on what they do with those circumstances as adults.

On the list of bad pseudo-scientific bullshit, eugenics has done more harm than any other. I politely invite you to let it die in a fire.

I love Mike Judge’s movies, but Idiocracy has a whiff of eugenics that should be recognized for what it is.

10 Likes

I agree eugenics was bullshit.

Claiming someone is stupid is rather subjective.
Ignorance, however, less so. I can actually prove the latter by citing examples of things these fools don’t know.

What I mean in more clear terms is that most Americans regardless of background or skin color are embracing ignorance and enshrining it willfully, despite their capacity for intelligence they choose craziness and to ignore the world around them.

As do many of the people I seem to work with.

That’s not subjective moral superiority issues- that’s provable fact. Seemingly prevalent in America right now, not quite everywhere yet. So I wish to leave that, because too many people are choosing fear, ignorance, and choosing to be stupid when they don’t have to be. For the lols.

Idiocracy was shorthand for this, but its not quite the same thing.

3 Likes

That’s an arguable interpretation, but my point is that the way is presented it was intellectually lazy. Now look, I’m not going to be too harsh on a comedy, especially one I loved and which features lots of other brilliant social commentary, but it did present a problematic basis that a lot of people have since embraced as actual futurism. It didn’t merely say more people are embracing ignorance; it said it was because ignorant people bred more, and that’s where it dabbles in eugenics. I love Idiocracy, I’m a huge fan of the director and the cast, but my eyes are open to that problematic aspect of a great movie.

3 Likes

That is not quite the same thing as eugenics.

Eugenics was posed (falsely) as actual science that said certain races had more intelligence and should breed, while others had low intelligence and should not, or rather it was used for false determination of intelligence and other characters simply based on arbitrary designation that fit racist stereotypes

That was then used as a false but presumptive justification for enforcing the idea that based on those features that were completely made up that certain people were worth killing or keeping from procreating, by various dictators, as well as bunk academics.

Idiocracy did not promote this idea. First of all for the fact that they only used white people for a comparative study in the movie which was narrowly tailored for its audience anyway and even if it were possible to use that as some sort of comparison in real life it is vastly under representative of the situation it proposed.

Secondly, while grossly exaggerated for humor, and playing to base stereotypes, it did make a salient point.
Too many people now are considering that it is not a question of whether you should have children anymore but whether you can afford to. This was wrapped as intelligence versus general non thought approach to procreation, vis a vie the hyper masculine cultural stereotypes inherent in American high school football culture.

In the end, however you want to frame this- stupid people are quite proliferating lately, who’s to say this phenomena isn’t also extending to procreative cultural norms in America too? That’s not eugenics, that’s a perverse course to natural selection if anything.

And I do believe it is happening.

2 Likes

Why?

There is a lot of chance, in the way people develop.

My family would spend summers in Maryland coinciding with my father’s Army Reserve active duty assignments (usually Fort Meade). Pretty much saw everything possibly touristy there.

I went to college in the area back when Hammerjacks still existed.

1 Like

“…Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don’t even own a tv…”

3 Likes

True. But considering the circumstances that he’s growing up under during a crucial point in his development – rich and privileged, sheltered from the real world, under 24/7 protection from any experience which might build character, literally an entire family of monsters as his role models (with the possible exception of Tiffany?), and afflicted with Trump genes – it seems to me the deck is stacked against him.

1 Like

Sadly, I arrived in the area much too late for Hammerjack’s. :frowning: At least I’ve got the 9:30 in DC…

1 Like

I remember that place too. Good times!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.