Watch Trump refuse Pelosi's handshake and Pelosi rip up his speech at last night's State of the Union address

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/05/watch-trump-refuse-pelosis-h.html

9 Likes

The best part is nobody will remember a word of what Trump said. In the speech he allegedly wrote all by himself without help for the first time. Pelosi trolled him effectively.

18 Likes

I don’t know. I’ll remember all of the lies he said, and I’ll remember the “4 more years” chant. And I’ll remember that fucking Rush Limbaugh received the Medal of Freedom.

I’m sorry. Saying that her tearing up the speech makes everything better is just partisan fantasy talk.

15 Likes

Nancy Pelosi is my nominee America’s Coolest Aunt.

12 Likes

Trump turned US politics into a reality show. Now it devolved into high school drama. Get your shit together, America.

3 Likes

Thanks for that helpful advice; we’ll get right on that.

35 Likes

Nah but it will be remembered far more. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very baller move, I liked it! And it wasn’t done casually, she had to stop and do it four times.

10 Likes
8 Likes

I dearly hope she has a plan. She’s brilliant, and that was bold, but she’s still not edging ahead of his crap.

Anyone else struck by the SotU’s resemblance to an Oprah show? “YOU get a medal, and YOU get a medal, and YOU get a surprise spouse and/or scholarship! EVERYBODY gets a shiny thing!” (cue sobbing and screaming).

It was a blatant marketing checklist PLUS a shrill dog whistle to his base about the new world order.

15 Likes

I worry that this is going to backfire. Could it be perceived as “bold?” Yes. Could it be perceived as “petulant?” Also yes. My gut tells me that R’s are going to point to this as evidence of how partisan and disrespectful the D’s are, and they’ll very likely get away with that narrative. They’ll ALSO skate away with not being called out for the same (remember “You lie!” during Obama’s SOTU?) because they’re more “patriotic.”

8 Likes

Actually I blame MTV for turning America into these f’ing reality shows! Dammit MTV! Dammit to Hell!

Also, that’s pretty aggressive talk for a Canadian! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yeah… sorry about that. Got carried away.

13 Likes

Political theater is Vogue-ing by the rich and ugly.

3 Likes

Just a reminder…most of us voted for the other fucking candidate.

16 Likes

man we really cant let ourselves enjoy even the smallest wins here on the left can we? I dont love Pelosi, but i thought that moment was cool. and Im sure it annoys trump that the media re talking about it. which makes me like it more. The best thing about Pelosi is that she has power over Trump and she actually freaks him out. i personally wish she’d do more with that power but just enjoy the small wins alright. even the symbolic ones. and keep on fighting tomorrow.

16 Likes

It’s already happening. I’ve seen posts on Twitter and Facebook claiming Pelosi ripping up the speech was disrespectful to the people mentioned in it-- veterans, children, etc.

(I know, I know, I shouldn’t be on Facebook. I rejoined a few days ago to participate in a private family group. And in that short time, I’ve been highly tempted to block an uncle due to the memes he’s been posting… :angry: )

10 Likes

We’ll look back upon the wasteland that once was America and say Memes did this.

1 Like

tumblr_5d839d69144c5d62f62459298bab887a_eaed73fa_540

12 Likes

It’s going to get a lot uglier towards November.

14 Likes