White House posts "unbecoming" photo of Nancy Pelosi berating Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/17/white-house-posts-unbecoming.html

5 Likes

22 Likes

images

36 Likes

Trump is the “NO U” president.

29 Likes

Weak men feel inordinately threatened by strong women.

36 Likes

39 Likes

Entry copied from Merriam-Trumpster dictionary:

unbecoming

adjective

un·​be·​com·​ing | \ ˌən-bi-ˈkə-miŋ

Definition of unbecoming

1. :behavior characterized by assertiveness and lack of obsequiousness when this behavior is exhibited by a woman

2. : not becoming an unbecoming dress especially : not according with the standards appropriate to one’s position or condition of life unbecoming conduct

18 Likes

How is scolding a petulant child “unbecoming” for a mother of five? That’s what they do.

She’s the adult in the room

53 Likes

Seeing Pelosi infuriate Trump reminds me of the importance of nominating someone with backbone in 2020, as Trump simply can’t deal with strong women.

26 Likes

Well folks, we’re paying for this colossal tRump fuck up with our tax dollars and heavens knows what else, I’m watching with my hot buttered popcorn, just sit back and let’s see where we land this train wreck.

d340db8be957631cbb238fb4e4e10155

10 Likes

Omg did you just copy my mom’s homework and tweet it? https://t.co/HmF4oiRCu8

— Christine Pelosi (@sfpelosi) October 17, 2019
12 Likes

Check which side of the table has people hanging the heads. The people around Pelosi don’t seem to be embarrassed about the scene Pelosi is making. Some of those Trump’s side seem to be cowed.

32 Likes

Yeah, the dumb thing (well… one of them…) is that this is her photo op they’re circulating. People don’t just stand up and point during meetings in real life; they do it for the camera. If Nancy Pelosi hadn’t wanted this exact photo in people’s minds she would have stayed in her seat. I don’t think I’m a political genius to have puzzled this out, but apparently it’s over the heads of whoever is left working at the White House.

33 Likes

I concur; and 45 took the bait, hook, line and sinker.

That pic makes Nancy look like she’s in charge, and that sense is only reinforced by all the down-turned faces of the generals on the right side of the pic. They look ashamed to be there, (as they should.)

33 Likes

Yeah, it’s a really weird choice. The power dynamic in the photo is pretty clear, with one side of the table sitting down, mostly hanging their heads, and Trump’s mouth hanging open, with Pelosi standing up straight looking directly down at Trump.

It seems like the photo would only be seen as “unbecoming” to someone who thought it was improper of Pelosi to be speaking at all. Which is, of course, an important part of his base, but who else is this riling up?

These are people wondering how history will judge them.

31 Likes

Of course Trump HAS NO EMPATHY, so he assumes that everybody will have the same visceral disgust of a strong woman that he does. Some part of me wants Warren to get the nomination just because losing to a woman will trigger him greatly. (The rest of me wants her to get the nod because I like her mix of passion and planning, even though I am probably more moderate than her on many issues)

22 Likes

The irony is, if Warren gets elected, she’ll have to compromise her agenda and will probably arrive at something more moderate and closer to what you would want, whereas, if a moderate got elected, their compromise would result in policy to the right of what you want. This is why I like people like AOC. Are her ideas extreme? Maybe. Do I agree with her? Yes. But most importantly, her and her kind will keep the country from drifting conservative by canceling out the extremists on the right. Warren’s a Jedi fighting Sith Lords, and most of us are just Han Solo trying to make our way in the galaxy without being boarded by Imperials.

19 Likes

That is pretty much my thinking. I for one LOVE the fact that AOC has moved the Overton window away from “How big a tax cut should we be giving rich people this year?” Some part of me worries however that some people were thinking that way about Trump.

10 Likes

Look, I don’t like the current politicians either, but if you’re going to take any kind of moral high ground on this topic - let me put it this way: a right-wing site could equally post an article, right now, with this headline: “BoingBoing posts unbecoming photos of Donald Trump and Boris Johnson”. Like these two, within the last 24 hours:

I’m… not seeing the analogy

17 Likes