Melania Trump receives "loud and substantial" booing when giving speech

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/26/melania-trump-receives-loud.html

2 Likes

Be best, everyone. Be best.

17 Likes

Never been to Baltimore, but this city is alright in my book.

20 Likes

download%20(1)

17 Likes

Notice that her mantra is not 'Be Good’.

At youth opioid awareness event in Baltimore for a speech to attendees mostly of high school and middle school age

Getting near voting age. Excellent.

15 Likes

Part of me wants to say “Leave the family out of it.”

But then I remember she allowed herself to become ⊥rump’s third trophy wife (that has to be one hell of a pre-nup)

Her first-lady-slogan (it seems like it’s mandatory) is at once bland and vaguely insulting.

She’s in Baltimore, for cryin’ out loud, to address middle school and high school aged students. What the hell does she expect?

8 Likes

She needs to go spend more time with her money.

13 Likes

I have zero respect for that woman.

13 Likes

I’m happy to leave Barron and Tiffany out of it. The rest of the bunch made a conscious choice to be actively involved in this shitshow.

47 Likes

Don’t forget how she actively pushed the “birther” bullshit as well. She’s a horrible person.

34 Likes

Doubly disgusting to question the legitimacy of Obama’s citizenship considering the shady means by which she obtained her own.

33 Likes

It’s okay, she doesn’t care.

27 Likes

" I would say at least 1/4 if not more were boos, in addition to the cheers."

Only 1/4th? Seems low :confused:

6 Likes

And in other news I had to listen point blank to a man at work lauding Trump doing a great job, because the fixed economy is all his doing, and the tired argument of why he donates to the NRA because if you outlaw guns only Outlaws will have guns

I want to beat my head into a wall every time I hear these idiots I work with breathe. The only way I keep from having an aneurysm directly from their stupidity is thinking I’m not at work but Kindergarten for moron adults

8 Likes

Perhaps your views on corporal punishment are shifting?

3 Likes

Probably more accurate.

1 Like

Nah, fuck that. If someone in the Trump family decides to give themselves a public persona, like Donald Jr, Eric, Ivanka, or Meliana then they deserve to get any criticism that comes their way. Tiffany and Barron are largely out of the public eye and I say leave them alone.

Meliana has a great platform for furthering any cause she desires and given a full staff on the taxpayer dime to do whatever she wants. Most of all, she isn’t required to do anything at all; she can just stay out of the public eye and live a private life.

She promotes some vague platform of being anti-bullying. A great cause. Mean while her husband launches an outrageous and prolonged campaign of bullying and racist attacks against Baltimore, its leaders, and its inhabitants. You better fucking believe that she’s going to get booed if she shows her face there and the first words out of her mouth aren’t some sort of apology. Baltimore is a tough city of people that don’t suffer fools gladly.

17 Likes

Melania countered by saying her “speech was stolen from Michele Obama, so it was really her that you were booing, not me”.

21 Likes

I’d bet that more than a few of the remaining 3/4 were busy capturing all of the “magic” on their cellphones; I can’t imagine doing that and booing at the same time. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

They were saying “BOO-URNS”

9 Likes