Here's video of Trump getting booed while 'paying his respects' to RBG. “Vote Him Out!”

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/24/heres-video-of-trump-getting-booed-while-paying-his-respects-to-rbg-vote-him-out.html

11 Likes

In a year of endless bad things. This is a nice amuse-bouche.

19 Likes

Surprised no eggs or rotten tomatoes were thrown. Maybe nobody expected him to be there.

(And still could not get to this from the post - had to go to BBS.)

8 Likes

"No, they weren’t talking about me. They were saying “Goat Tim, gout.’. I don’t know what that means, but maybe a goat named Tim has gout?”

4 Likes

31 Likes

His unusual mask-wearing means we’ll never know if his bouche was amused or not. But I think we can accurately guess…

6 Likes

When I saw the mask I imagined underneath was a ball gag to keep him from screaming “I know you are but what am I” witty repartee to the chants.

Actually, my first thought was they had small ear buds in his ears (for typical security) but that they upped the sound canceling and piped in the sounds of a crowded cheering from one of his rallies. Smug fucker wouldn’t think twice as to if it was real.

8 Likes

Lots of nasty replies on the Twitters. IMHO, this was one of the few times folks got to voice their opinion of 45 within his hearing. I think RBG would have cheered them on!

16 Likes

Well, I guess this means Trump won’t be going to another public event… possibly ever. (Or, if he has to, the crowd will be cleared and replaced by Trumpers beforehand.) He’ll just cocoon himself, more and more, into safe spaces (that he owns).

10 Likes

I honestly expected him to stand next to the casket and give a thumbs-up to the cameras.

Also: People on twitter are saying that Fox News played the clip with no sound.

13 Likes

I’m surprised that he didn’t have Border Patrol and the Prison guards run the crowd out with teargas and clubs first.

Someone must have laced his mask with adderall or something.

4 Likes

He can’t read the room. It can be said that he knows how to read a crowd, but that is only if things are going his way. He could have privately “paid his respects” (as noted by @Akimbo_NOT below he made an appearance- he didn’t pay respects RGB) , especially if he was expecting this. He could have paid his respects with only a White House videography crew, and saved face. A well put together video of his appearance could have been presented, and I am glad it wasn’t. It will be spun for him so he can cope with it. It will be spun for those who follow him and used against those that despise or even mildly disagree with him him.

Edit, as corrected by @Akimbo_NOT to add quotes around my original paid respects verbiage, as well as noting that the president made an appearance, he didn’t show respect towards RBG.

8 Likes

He made an appearance. There was -zero respect on his part.

You are right, they will edit in trumpian cheers and use the scene as an election prop because that is the evil shitstain bastards they are.

17 Likes

or hurled cans of Bumblebee™ tuna at him.
“you can really rip 'em, you know?”

5 Likes

Noted and fixed. You are correct, he made an appearence.

Thank you.

3 Likes

I have no idea what that is, but I am sure the sentiment is one I would approve of. :wink:

1 Like

happyoven

11 Likes

He can’t read the room.

This is, after all, the guy who insisted on giving 18 interviews to Bob Woodward, thinking he’d be able to charm him.

7 Likes

referring to this, just another idiotic statement out of the orange anus:

5 Likes

I wonder why the thought of “something harder to edit out” brought to mind a flock of drones releasing their cargo of rotten eggs on his head. Would this count as aerial warfare?:slight_smile:

2 Likes