Melania Trump's tone-deaf statement about coup riot is a master-class in narcissistic indignation

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/11/melanie-trumps-tone-deaf-statement-praising-dead-coup-rioters-is-a-master-class-in-narcissistic-indignation.html

6 Likes

Be Vorst.

45 Likes

The delusional part is thinking that taking a moment to “look at things from all perspectives” would do anything to change my position on which ones are sympathetic and which ones you are a pretty terrible person by virtue of holding.

44 Likes

“Melanie”? Oh shit!, is there another one?

18 Likes

Remind me, how long was there prayers for the comfort of Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s family? I’m sure I remember a time which wasn’t used for personal gain.

It seems like suddenly people are remembering the Golden Rule about treating people as you’d like to be treated.

30 Likes

Sounds a lot like her husband: “Very fine people, on both sides”

And the jacket she wore when visiting children separated from their parents says all I need to know about her

34 Likes

“Personal gain” is trying to keep one’s job as president when you lost the election fair and square, and don’t deserve the job purely on competency issues anyway.

26 Likes

I think that’s a joke referencing the time Trump misspelled his own wife’s name on Twitter.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/388467-trump-misspells-melanias-name-in-initial-tweet-welcoming-her-back-to

24 Likes

Oooo someone isn’t going to get their contract mandated good night kiss…

7 Likes

Oh, FFS, Melanoma. Just get your divorce lawyer on the phone and whine to her while you two figure out how to maximize the terms of your prenup, you complicit bitch.

24 Likes

“Oh no. All sides bad.”

2 Likes

Whoa, that’s a cringey symphony of Tone-deaf. She better get those Ebay pics up fast.

1 Like

I’m just going to stop reading right there. I don’t even know why I bothered opening this post anyway.

29 Likes

She just gets no respect I tell 'ya!

(I forgot about that particular brain short. Soo many)

5 Likes

Before you apply a BAND-AID®, be sure to debride any necrosis and sources of infection from the wound.

28 Likes

Can this be the last nail in the coffin for people who insist on treating her as a passive victim of her husband’s actions? All of our existing evidence shows she’s cool with every piece of it.

22 Likes

Melanie’s just riffing on the old ‘don’t you people know how hard it is getting a good manicurist down here in the fuhrerbunker?’ morale booster.

18 Likes

Good luck with that. Dude’s been robbing Peter to pay Paul so he could keep up appearances and dodge taxes for decades. There’s no way he’s solvent.

8 Likes

Melania needs to resign right now. Why wait until the 20th?

10 Likes

But maybe she can garnish his PAC money…

9 Likes