Melonhead men rob convenience store

When the Watermelonman bassline hits

3 Likes

The ringleader

9 Likes

Man I first entered a Sheetz in like 1997 or like 1998. This was way before Quik Trip started doing hots foods. I was visiting Pittsburgh and my friends introduced me. OMG - it was beautiful… never before have i known such convenience!

1 Like

That’s a bold choice of headgear with the murder hornets about.

4 Likes

“Call the cops!”

1 Like

Gradually apply pressure. He’ll crack.

12 Likes

I didn’t realize Shonen Knife had a followup single

3 Likes

Given how easy it is to make masks in general, and how difficult it is to make masks from watermelon in particular, there must have been some reason (even if it wasn’t a rational one), why they went with this…

6 Likes

To be clear, this was not a robbery. It might seem pedantic, but robbery is a violent crime involving violence or the threat of violence. These knuckleheads stole some beer. Source: https://www.wric.com/news/crime/melon-headed-and-malicious-two-suspects-rob-sheetz-with-watermelons-on-their-heads/

2 Likes

My ex-brother-in-law is a meth addict. Applying his historical behavior to the gentlemen in this story: I imagine they were sitting around getting high. Someone showed up with some melons. Someone was antsy and started carving a melon. Someone wanted attention and put the melon on their head. Someone said: Dude let’s go rob a store with these on our heads. Melon carving intensified, the plan was a go.

13 Likes

The problem is that the general public now looks like masked robbers, so criminals are forced to be a little more creative to identify themselves. The next stage, after the rest of us are all wearing melon heads, will almost certainly be even more desperate.

6 Likes

Smart robbers might have used it as distraction in pre-camera days.

“What did they look like?”
“They were wearing melons on their heads.”
“Besides that. What were their clothes like?”
“…I don’t know. I just saw the melons.”

There was a Canadian bank robbery gang that put a tennis ball on the radio antenna of their car. No one remembered anything else about the getaway car.

However, these were not smart robbers.

10 Likes

I see what you did there.

1 Like

That’s a seedy crime.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Um…oh, hollowed-out bowling balls!

2 Likes

Au contraire! At this time of year, only seedless watermelons are available.

6 Likes

3 Likes

I was wondering why the quote specified larceny rather than robbery, thanks for doing the legwork.

2 Likes

They might have misunderstood the Human Fruit Ninja Challenge.

1 Like