Melt a Nazi with the Major Toht candle

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/25/indiana-jones-was-antifa.html

4 Likes

2 Likes

Makes me wonder…when alt-right dorks watch Raiders of the Lost Ark, do they root against Indy?

12 Likes

They probably just don’t watch it. I ran across an alt-right forum where they were livid about the nazi zombie movie Dead Snow.

6 Likes

They get all upset and butthurt at the Wolfenstien 2 ad campaign “Make America Nazi Free Again”.

Why should we care what makes nazis upset. All they’re good for is filling graves.

13 Likes

homer melt

5 Likes

What is this bit from?

No idea. I googled something like “nazis are fertilizer” and got it there. I’ll reverse image search and come back in a bit.

1 Like

KnowYourMeme.com has an entry:

It’s adapted from a hitchcock bit, “A cure for insomnia”

Although, I would judge it equally if not insufficient to cure fascism. For that you need bigger guns that shoot faster, and bombs that blow up bigger.

3 Likes

In order to upset them more.

Let’s see… how about we make it so the next time a Nazi gets bashed, it’s done by a black drag queen or someone.

3 Likes

Ground Control to Major Toht.

1 Like

No Steve Bannon version… :disappointed:

It’s never too repetitive to talk about melting nazis, though!

2 Likes

Ha. Is his name supposed to be a pun on the German word for death, “tod”? I haven’t seen the movie since I was a kid, and I wouldn’t have picked that up back then. (A little googling shows it is an actual German/Austrian name, so maybe it wasn’t deliberate.)

1 Like

That’s how you breed sadists and fascists. This was noted by the British government during the transportation era as well as by Rudolf Diels, the first director of the Nazi Gestapo. Zimbardo’s prison experiment tends to bear out Diels’ observation.

Prison guards are at great risk of developing severe mental problems manifesting as routine cruelty. I believe they are the only occupational group that abuses their wives and children more than police officers - I seem to recall, something like 4X the rate of the general population? Prisons don’t just harm the prisoners, they harm the families of guards too.

2 Likes

You’re right, I got carried away there.

2 Likes

Happens to all of us occasionally, glad I could offer the assist!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.