Men happily take vehicle with "FREE CAR" sign only to later find something unpleasant in the trunk

Originally published at: Men happily take vehicle with "FREE CAR" sign only to later find something unpleasant in the trunk | Boing Boing

5 Likes

In case you were wondering, this is not a mostly wonderful thing. Not at all.

26 Likes

https://www.oglaf.com/hide-a-body/

(Almost SFW, unlike most of Oglaf.)

27 Likes

Unpleasant indeed! I can see where that would greatly diminish the pleasure they received from getting a free car.

So. . . do they get to keep the car?

the next step in the investigation is to get the victim’s car and process it for evidence.

Oh, it was the victim’s car. So I guess that’s a “no”. Though the victim is done with it. But I guess it goes to his estate, not to a couple of randos who took the killer (or, at least, disposer) up on his offer. So yeah. Unpleasant.

9 Likes

Small print:

No Take Backs!

18 Likes

A dead body in the trunk is much worse than a glitterbomb for porch pirates.

13 Likes

“Stuart said his body had been in there for several days”

Several days in MS summer heat…wouldn’t it be aromatically apparent something was amiss once you got within a few feet of that car?

17 Likes

Will most definitely have to check when away from work, as the desire to keep clicking “Next” at Oglaf is compelling, hazardously so…

21 Likes

22 Likes

This is the sort of thing that should be an a crime show.

Evil genius figures out a way to confuse crime scene evidence by exploiting rednecks.

8 Likes

Never look a gift car in the boot/trunk

10 Likes

Yeah, you would expect the car to have NJ plates.

6 Likes

PSA: Don’t put “free car” signs on police cars.

5 Likes

TANSTAAFC (There Ain’t No Such Thing As A Free Car)

17 Likes

As MythBusters has shown, they’ll never get the smell out.

6 Likes

My sister got an amazing deal on a Dodge Caravan, which had a very peculiar smell … I prefer to think that someone forgot some meat from their groceries …

9 Likes

Is this like that Seinfeld episode about an odor in the car they can’t get rid of?

4 Likes

4 Likes

Oh, yeah. My next door neighbor had a jug of milk break open in his car. He never could get rid of that sour smell.

stinky kristen wiig GIF

6 Likes

Wait, is that actually from the article or are you quoting the Dead Milkmen song?

Back OT - kind of a brilliant idea to “tarnish” the evidence… :grimacing:
ETA: Doh. @WoolyBugger beat me to it.

3 Likes