Men rush to get vasectomies after Supreme Court ends right to abortion

Yeah, exactly. I’ve seen a lot of conservatives authoritatively declaring things to be History when the opposite was actually true, because their notion of “history” is a set of myths that they’d like to be true.

Ah, you see, it’s all part of the “legal tradition” of which they’re a part. Like the divine right of kings. (I fully expect to see that as part of a ruling at some point…)

Unfortunately they also have a wildly historically inaccurate notion of what that means…

8 Likes

More than that, go to your follow-up appointment to confirm the success of the procedure. I know a few people who also received surprises even several months post vasectomy.

13 Likes

Hmmm… didn’t get one scheduled. Doctor never said one was needed. But good advice if that’s what the current standards are (I did, after all, have mine almost twenty five years ago).

7 Likes

Yeah, I want a full refund. The way this shitshow’s been going, we deserve to get all our money back.

3 Likes

Re Crotch Hammer Robot: I’m now beyond asking “Why?” when I see things of that sort.

3 Likes

^^ THIS.

I actually needed a second vasectomy because the first didn’t take (3 vas deferens, they only got 2 the first time)

8 Likes

Sneaky spermitses!

gollum GIF

11 Likes

Coincidentally, mine just celebrated its 25th anniversary. My doctor scheduled two followups. He also told me the following story (during the procedure…) to partly explain why - the expense of malpractice suits.

He performed a vasectomy on a patient, and the usual followup tests showed it to be successful. About two years later, the patient called, and said his wife was pregnant. He had the patient provide a sample; the wife brought it in, and lo and behold there were live sperm in it. This puzzled him, so he had the man come in for more tests. A second sample was obtained at the office; this was was completely devoid of sperm.

Turns out, the wife was having an affair. When the first sample was requested, she offered to take it to the office, but instead of delivering the husband’s sample, she had her lover produce one, and that’s what she dropped off.

13 Likes

that compost pile of words doesn’t even smell like it has any meaning.

1 Like

Like this?

noisemaker GIF by The Opposition w/ Jordan Klepper

Or like this?

7 Likes

… so Scalia was standing on his head when he wrote that one, and writing backwards in a mirror?

2 Likes

I’m getting the impression the Supreme Court is like Saturday Night Live, where there are a lot of in-jokes and the more familiar we are with their previous work the more “hilarious” it all becomes

1 Like

That’s a vas deferens between people who got this joke and those who didn’t…

2 Likes

They have no interest in what people feel or believe. They are only interested in forcing all of us to abide by their faith via violence if possible. It doesn’t matter if the people in pews believe, as long as they are IN the pews.

11 Likes

Wow, that is downright irresponsible of that doctor.

I continued to use birth control with my partner until after he had I think it was actually two labs come back as free of sperm.

One should absolutely have their emissions tested after a vasectomy to make sure that it actually worked and that their system is cleared out.

10 Likes

Yeah, on reflection I may be misremembering all that was involved, and there may have been a follow up. It’s been too long, and the shock of finding out the wife was pregnant again drove all other factors from my mind.

So, ah, again: wait X time, and wait until the doctor clears you. Ahem. Please feel free to use me as a case study in why that’s important.

6 Likes

A gentleman never tells. :wink:

3 Likes

I’ll go out on a limb and say that if you’re „rushing to get a vasectomy“ now, you are an asshole. To me that means you clearly don’t want any (more) children in your life but you were fine with the possibility of your partner having an abortion rather than getting a vasectomybefore the new ruling? What the fuck?

2 Likes

There’s literally nothing wrong with getting an abortion, despite what right wing fascists are saying. People get to make whatever decisions that they want about their bodies without judgement from others… But yes, more men should take more responsibility for their role in reproduction and that’s been true for a while.

11 Likes

It should be any woman’s right to get an abortion if she chooses to do so. Still, it is not usually an easy choice to make and a physical and mental burden on the woman.

Getting a vasectomy means you have decided to forego the option of fathering children in your life from that point on. If that is a man’s choice, why would he wait for abortion to become illegal to do it? Because he thought it preferable before to take the risk of his partner having to get an abortion to the relatively small inconvenience of a vasectomy.