Mexican Navy intercepts 10,000 tequila bottles filled with liquid meth

Originally published at: Mexican Navy intercepts 10,000 tequila bottles filled with liquid meth | Boing Boing

3 Likes

God bleth dith meth, y’all.

6 Likes

I am apparently woefully lacking in knowledge that meth was transported in liquid form. I audibly went “what??” when reading the headline.

6 Likes

Is there a worm in the bottle?

9 Likes

Funny Worm GIFs | Tenor

14 Likes

As did I. Passing it off as Tequila seems like a pretty smart way to transport the stuff.

4 Likes

There’s a reason why they call him Speedy Gonzales.

6 Likes

Hooray for the Mexican Navy dog! I had been wondering how the navy “spotted” the offending bottles as holding meth.
(Not an actual photo)

8 Likes

IANAC(hemist) but wouldn’t one need to precipitate that into the crystalline form? is it somehow more powerful (concentrated) as a liquid? and WTF?! what would hapen to the poor sap who accidentally made a margarita with two ounces of this stuff? (look, i know one wouldn’t use a good añejo tequila for a lowly margarita, but my question stands)

10 Likes

What’s this country coming to? All of Santee’s manufacturing jobs are being exported to Mexico.

3 Likes

11,520 is 1/10 of a standard baud rate, in case the number looks oddly specific. It’s likely to be an even number of pallets.

5 Likes

Some of us are still struggling with 9600 BAUD RS-232 connections. 115,200 would be awesome.

6 Likes

[Chorus]
I’ll send an SOS to the world
I’ll send an SOS to the world
I hope that someone gets my
Meth in a bottle (Yeah)
Meth in a bottle (Yeah)

11 Likes

Methamphetamine base is a caustic, unpleasant oily liquid with a yellowish colour. It needs to be dissolved in a non polar solvent and then have chlorine gas bubbles through it to get a hydrochloride salt, which then crashes out of the solution and is filtered and dried.
(I’m not a chemist either but I was REALLY into drugs)

6 Likes

and here i was lead to believe that the really good shit was blue.
curse you, AMC and your lying ways!

Walter White I Give Up GIF by Breaking Bad

7 Likes

Mexico’s Navy spotted 11,520 tequila bottles filled with liquid methamphetamine

I’m guessing that the effect on the street price in the target state will be pretty much zero. I do wish that someone in authority would defund the DEA and spend the money on something useful rather than destructive.

2 Likes

It is. Too bad the authorities let that shipment of Romulan ale through.

3 Likes

You say that like it is a bad thing, laddie.

4 Likes

But Romulan ale is blue. And those contraband bottles from Mexico are gold. So what’s that you’ve got there?

It’s… well, it’s green!

hqdefault

4 Likes

“Liquid Meth” does sound like the name of a new boutique tequila coming soon to a Bevmo near you.

3 Likes