Mexican restaurant shamed for racist piñata

Word; either way, it sounds exactly as bad as what it obviously is - a shitty excuse for their obvious bigotry.

6 Likes

Agreed. When I moved to NY from MO where I grew up, it was actually a point of frustration because I couldn’t find a single Mexican restaurant that was hispanic-owned. All of this tex-me rubbish and fake-ass “street tacos”. In fact, in Kansas City, my commute to the school I worked in doing after-school arts stuff, I passed both the best tortilleria and taco shop I’ve ever been to.

And as @Grey_Devil says, Tex-Mex isn’t Mexican. It’s like Bryan Adams covering a Mariachi song.

4 Likes

I saw Racist Pinata open for the Meat Puppets one time.

3 Likes

Two years ago I was passing through Festus, Missouri, and stopped for lunch at a Mexican place that seemed pretty authentic from the menu and definitely staffed by Mexican-Americans. Most of the diners were white Americans like me. Very good food, casual atmosphere, I would go back. I think it was Pachanga’s but I’m not sure – in the strip mall on the East side of the highway.

4 Likes

In princilple there should be no problem here. There is an ancient prototype pictured:
The beard and color shows an old imperial image. Yellow, as the emporers refer to the legendary “yellow King” (“Yellow”, because of the mighty “yellow river”, which carries a lot of yellow slit. Its wrong to assume, the skin-color of chinese is yellow). So yellow was the chosen color of the cruel imperial surpressive and parasitic government, luckily finally toppled over by the people.
Not only by the communists and faschists, but also chinese democrats. Principially a good deed, but eventually horribly executed.
Would be similiar to a white smiley with Kaiser-Wilhelm-Beard https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_II,_German_Emperor.
If the guests of the mexican bar had knew this?

1 Like

Speaking of Bryan Adams…

https://twitter.com/nadinevoncohen/status/1260104769302966272?s=21

8 Likes

Assuming that tweet is real…

Holy crap, Bryan Adams! You’re supposed to represent braniacs sans dipshittery. You know better.

Do better. Live up to confidence we have in you. :disappointed:

4 Likes
9 Likes

Thank you for the confirmation. And that’s fucked up.

(I didn’t mean to question, save the probity of Twitter.)

3 Likes

Note that he didn’t just post it to Instagram or Twitter; he made sure it went to both.

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I dragged him, specifically. ‘Cause it cuts like a knife.

3 Likes

Confirmed, from a MO resident.

4 Likes

Check a German dictionary - it must be in there someplace.

1 Like

That is certainly the best simile I’ve seen in a long while. Kudos!

1 Like

I read his post. Then a couple of more times. And again. No mistaking what’s going on in his noodle. Could he do better? Better would mean having to climb a mighty tall mountain… and even after “seeing” him plant a flag at the top, I’d probably just yawn.

1 Like

According to Brother Maynard’s “Book of Armaments” (Chapter 2 verses 9-21), “Five is right out.” :wink:

4 Likes

God damn. Bryan Adams acting decidedly non-Canadian there…

1 Like

Canada exists by means of the ongoing genocide of Indigenous peoples.

I guess he is being non-Canadian in the sense that White Canadians currently enforce their supremacy through structural racism that includes lipservice to “multiculturalism” and “inclusion” and publicly decrying racial stereotypes. And he’s saying something in public that White people usually only say around other White people.

1 Like

What?

What principle?? It’s a racist stereotype that’s been used to dehumanize folks of Asian descent for centuries. And the association with the coronavirus shape is another racist association.

1 Like

Suggested non-racist alternative, but expect to hear from Disney’s law firm.

winnie