Miami cop to black driver he pulled over: "this is how you guys get killed"

Originally published at: Miami cop to black driver he pulled over: "this is how you guys get killed" | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Sometimes it’s an “and” instead of an “or.”

24 Likes

Angry Star Trek GIF

23 Likes

The driver should sue that fucking fascist pig for putting him through this!!!

10 Likes

Honestly I can’t tell. Sad thing is that it’s more of a surprise if it turns out that cop isn’t a racist.

Either way, hope the driver gets lots of money from them. Cause fuck em, that’s why.

12 Likes

Like the old saying goes, guns don’t kill people, Black people who don’t get out their papers quickly enough ki-… wait, hang on…

20 Likes

Unless “this is how you guys get killed” was a reference to driving without a seatbelt.

5 Likes

mad people GIF

30 Likes

I don’t suppose they keep records that might show if there’s a statistical anomaly in the number of black drivers stopped for infractions like this?

Without that, someone can say “He was breaking the law”, without worrying about awkward questions like:

“Do you really think black drivers don’t wear seatbelts that much more than white drivers?”
“Do black drivers’ taillights burn out that much faster?” (Especially with LED ones now.)

10 Likes

Animated GIF

23 Likes

Gee, it’s almost like they know that they’d have to admit something…

9 Likes

it's not wrong wrong but it's also just not right tv land GIF by YoungerTV

9 Likes

Exactly. This is why, on top of hiding/tampering with reports and bodycam footage, they’re trying very hard to prevent people from recording their activities:

ETA: Too often, video proof is still not enough to convict them:

14 Likes

Huh. That headline seems familiar. Oh yeah, from earlier today.

Can’t find racism if noone says anything!

15 Likes

No one in the history of the English language has ever used the term “you guys” to “other” non-seatbelt-wearers.

15 Likes

So, it seems that “Comply or Die” is somehow not a song written by Ice T, but was the name of a racehorse. Just a pair of facts I found interesting.

2 Likes

Registration and Insurance nah-not-right-now people though…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.