"Mice Device" trap in action

A mason jar and the freezer? That’s gruesome.
You didn’t have it in you to just crush their cute little heads?

2 Likes

Wow, that’s shitty of you.

Maybe slow, but not painful, certainly better than a near miss in a snap trap, so don’t throw stones. When the reality of catching them live set in, I just opted for a bucket of water in the utility sink.

I’ve used the tilt traps (I forget if they were from Victor or Havahart), and let the mice go in the nearby swamp. We’d first discovered there were mice because the cat was engaging in hunting behaviour in front of a closet, trapped the first mouse in a basket, found the broken basement window (and the place where they’d gotten into my garden seeds and had a party), trapped a couple more, and let them go. Worked fine.

Very humane. With hypothermia the ‘subject’ starts too feel warm and tired then sleeps never too wake up near the end. No fuss, no mess, no pain, no mice.

[quote=“Lightningwaltz, post:25, topic:20277, full:true”]
Very humane. With hypothermia the ‘subject’ starts too feel warm and tired then sleeps never too wake up near the end.[/quote]
Yeah, after a good long period of increasingly intense pain. Have you never been out in the cold before?

1 Like

Maybe just flush it down the toilet- if it survives the trip it deserves to live.

We had one of these. Great way to catch the same mouse multiple times, I reckon. Forgot to check it a few times.

Once a mouse chewed his way out. Once a mouse starved to death.

Yes and felt that pain. Hypothermia. Recovering from it is searing pain in the limbs recovering from sever frost bite but not near death.

My parents rescued a canoeist whom had capsized out on Georgian bay in late September a few years back. It was close too dusk and my mother noticed an odd reflection on some shoals. They ventured in and rescued the man and his craft. He said too them he was ice cold but recently started too warm up. My folks knew he was in shock and revived him at their cottage.

Yes, I know the conditions of cold effect and the limitations from my own personal experience living in the far north.

Your methods must be more humane and accommodating for rodent extermination. Instead of pointing your finger , please describe your MORE humane method.

I’m really glad they included the video of the mouse going in there and getting trapped.

Otherwise I might have thought it MADE mice!

thats where the other trap’ll get you. The hidden mouse compartment will get you every time.

1 Like

This doesn’t work. Mice return home if you releasethem less than 5 miles away. And they won’t fall for that trap twice.

[quote=“Lightningwaltz, post:29, topic:20277, full:true”]

They dared to fight the forces of Darwinism?!?

The only reason to trap the animal alive is if you plan to use it as food for another animal that is not a scavenger.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.