Michael Avenatti sentenced to 4 years in prison for stealing from client Stormy Daniels

Originally published at: Michael Avenatti sentenced to 4 years in prison for stealing from client Stormy Daniels | Boing Boing

2 Likes

The judge was pretty excoriating of Avenatti, openly pondering whether Avenatti only thought he’d get away with ripping off his client because she happened to have an “unorthodox career.”

11 Likes

The only sad part is he’ll do more time than Trump will.

16 Likes

Dammit there goes his Presidential run. Well at least until 2028. There’s still hope!

6 Likes

Whether Trump is untouchable or not has nothing to do with Avenatti stealing from his own client. That’s just a dirtbag move.

10 Likes

Avenatti did some decent TV appearances excoriating Trump, it just turned out the reason he was good at it was because he understood Trump innately, being a charismatic lying criminal like Trump is.

Now if only we could get a conviction of Trump to go with this one of Avenatti.

11 Likes

Yeah, there was a brief period I thought maybe slime could effectively counter slime. Looks like more slime just makes things more slimy.

giphy-1

9 Likes

Ah, “You can’t do that on television!” One of the earliest shows I saw on Nickelodeon. Fond memories.

1 Like

Avenatti may very well have thought that, although his attempt at extorting NIKE, for Pete’s sake, indicates that he probably would have stolen from a client who happened to be a nun.

2 Likes

I had such high hopes of him taking down the last guy and he turns out to be just another common schmuck.

4 Likes

Crime: Just don’t do it.

[unless you’re rich (terms and conditions apply and may not be available in all demographics)]

Strictly speaking it’s that Trump will do less time than Avenatti, but I gather your meaning was thus.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.