Michael Keaton was Mister Rogers' Trolley operator

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/22/michael-keaton-was-mister-rogers-trolley-operator.html

13 Likes

i don’t know how i’ve missed this news before. man, reality is sometimes SO weird.

14 Likes

That’s like being the chauffeur for the Buddha.

Watching that interview with David Newell, it sounds like it was a mutually supportive and happy crew on the show. Unsurprising, but nice to hear.

16 Likes

I recall a story that one time Fred Rogers left a camera sitting around on set, and Michael Keaton used it to take a photo of his butt. (like one does) This was a fairly common prank back in the days of film because the victim wouldn’t even find out until he spent money to get the film developed. At the office Christmas party, Fred gave Michael a framed copy of the photo. The man was calm, unflappable, but he DID have a sense of humor.

22 Likes

People also forget about how Rogers’ had also affected George A Romero’s career too.

9 Likes

In Mister Rogers’ Trolley Problem, no one dies.

33 Likes

Now I’m going to ruin the wholesome image in your head by making you picture tiny Beetlejuice driving it, shouting “Nice f*ing trolley!

7 Likes

Sorry Neighbor, the juxtaposition with some slightly subversive naughtiness just makes Fred and company even more wholesome and adorable!

IMG_3672

9 Likes

I’ve always maintained that if Fred Rogers had the same medical condition as Bruce Banner it would have had no impact on his life whatsoever.

18 Likes

the Cuddleable Hulk?

edit: would also accept The Imperturbable Hulk

9 Likes

Michael Keaton and George Romero’s association with Mister Rogers Neighborhood is pretty well known. The show was basically the biggest TV production in the Pittsburgh area.

2 Likes

Someone has to drive the Mahāyāna.

3 Likes

It’s really interesting when there are all these intersections of people who go on to do other famous or important things.

I just learned Jim Thorpe played against and schooled Dwight Eisenhower in a football game when Ike played for Army. He hurt his knee when him and another player tried to take Thorpe out on the field.

2 Likes

Hey Mr Rogers, who’s that guy?

Him? He’s my Bat man

[Lookup up Batman_(military) on wikipedia for its original meaning]

3 Likes

How did they know that it was Keaton’s arse?

2 Likes

Which reminds me of this Benny Hill bit

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.