The real story behind Mister Rogers' joyful flipping of the bird

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/13/the-story-behind-mr-rogers-jo.html

8 Likes

I was still fairly young when I discovered the verse, “But Middleman, he can dance alone” and nearly wet myself laughing at the idea. It was a simpler, more natural time.

3 Likes

Joy, innocence, tolerance, dedication and love. We miss you, Fred.

24 Likes

We need more of Mr Rogers’ kindness in this world. The following clip of his testimony before Congress is obligatory in any thread about him:

27 Likes

There’s a metaphor in here, I just know it. (Yes that’s Comey in the middle)

11 Likes

Sometimes a double fuck is needed, badly.

10 Likes

Wait… the clip… it’s real?

7 Likes

Yeah, I always assumed it was faked. The most innocent of flipping the double bird ever.

8 Likes

Dude went to a congressional hearing intent on halving the budget for PBS and walked away with the budget doubled.

That right there is a f’ing magic trick.

19 Likes

Nice try, bb

Found the original

15 Likes

No doubt. A lot of people don’t realize that he was an ordained minister, and tbh I don’t remember him ever talking religion on Mister Rogers Neighborhood but I feel like if anyone embodied the concept of living by Christ’s example, it was Fred Rogers.

22 Likes

And it’s a well-known fact (I read it on the Internet) that Fred Rogers killed 400 North Korean super soldiers with EACH of those deadly fingers, before returning to base to make snacks and read a naptime story to the troops.

NKSS

3 Likes

I heard he was seen leaving Dealey Plaza on November 22, 1963, carrying a gun bag.

4 Likes

I know right. It’s like they thought Public Broadcasting somehow tied into military spending.

3 Likes

And that’s why he is my hero. Electrifyingly quiet.

2 Likes

What can I say, this guy was great.

4 Likes

He was the best. Infinitely thankful he was a big part of my childhood.

2 Likes

If I remember my sign language correctly, that’s not “how are you today sir,” it’s the sign for “coitus” .

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.