Michael Moore’s to do list for a revolution: an intervention for liberals

As with every election, there are a bunch of factors that came into play that contributed to the outcome. I kind of agree with some of what you’re saying, since the Sanders campaign resulted in an ugly primary that reinforced a lot of the image problems Clinton had in the general, created the Bernie-Or-Bust nitwits that were committed to aiding Trump out of infantile bitterness, and so on. There were some really bad things that came out of that. But I don’t think Sander’s campaign was really responsible for what some of what his more zealous followers were up to - he didn’t encourage the assholes, and tried to rein them in.

Besides that, it’s just one contributing factor. You could just as easily blame Clinton for running since she was an uncharismatic candidate with a heavy burden of political baggage, a decades old, well-funded hate-machine trailing her every move, and she knew the special rules in the press to spin her as guilty of every accusation by default and paint her as corrupt. You could blame the SCOTUS for gutting the Voting Rights Act which probably lost NC. You could blame the GOP’s mass voter disenfranchisement in FL, WI, and elsewhere that probably lost those states. You could point to a bunch of other shit that went wrong everywhere - it was a perfect storm of fucked up bullshit everywhere on every front.

Now is the time that everyone who is not a Trump supporter, whether leftist, moderate, centrist, partisan Dem., or whatever to come together to fight the goddamn fascist that was elected. That really fucking matters. Pointing fingers at your favorite villain among people who are now on our side, and bickering with people who should be allies is helping Trump. Cut that shit out.

I try not to swear, but Jesus Fuck, this shit has to end - there’s a fucking fascist headed to the WH, and we’re bickering with each other about shit that’s done and over instead of focusing on the tasks ahead. Fuck. That. Noise.

20 Likes