Michael Steele on the Republican party: "My, how the mighty have fallen"

Originally published at: Michael Steele on the Republican party: "My, how the mighty have fallen" | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

32 Likes

Since when has the GOP wanted any of those things?

26 Likes

I’m still unclear to see how they’ve fallen, in their eyes. This is likely everything they’ve wanted for a long, long time.

14 Likes

(Especially Joey.)

Sorry, Michael, you were a Republican all through the slide into fascism, when any decent person would have left the party. You don’t get to wash the Trump off your hands now.

42 Likes

Traditionally, a president who loses a re-election campaign is DONE

Democrats were not competing with each other to demonstrate their loyalty to Jimmy Carter in 1981

34 Likes

Which makes him the perfect GOP member, he’s only in the party to piss people off.

39 Likes

:rofl: :crazy_face: :rofl:

12 Likes

He was supposed to be in Salem two weeks ago, but the media didn’t say if he showed up

8 Likes

Look at this asshole. He thinks he’s still relevant. Even when he was the RNC Chair he was completely irrelevant and ineffectual.

12 Likes

“My, how the mighty have fallen…”

They didn’t have far to fall.

15 Likes

The thing they’re offering, voter’s don’t want.

Steele also answer’s @CapehartJ’s question

VOTER’S WANT ANSWER’S!!

1 Like

In related news, Dr. Frankenstein bemoans how far the creature he helped create has fallen.

16 Likes

Voter is want answer is?

Not in this case it isn’t.

3 Likes

36 Likes

Mikey and Lizzy directly built the beast that they’re now trying to disown.

Nibbling crow in public like this isn’t an automagic reset on their credibility.

12 Likes

9 Likes

And you do NOT want it to touch you.

10 Likes

Nor were they ever mighty.

11 Likes

I don’t watch Bill Maher’s show much anymore, but years ago Steele was a regular panelist on it. In that venue at least, Steele never struck me as a particularly bright individual. He was always reduced to uncomfortable giggling when whatever or position he took was easily trounced by the other guests (many of whom had far less political experience or knowledge than one would assume the RNC Chair would).

4 Likes