Michigan family charged with murdering security guard who said daughter had to wear a mask

I dunno, man. Seems to me their intention to cause this man harm, regardless of the weapon, is the problem.

Also he was shot in the back of the head. Which suggest he was attacked from behind and we know there were 3 people involved. So no matter what he was attacked with, or what he may or may not have on him for defense, 3 vs 1 from an attack from behind is going to be very, very hard to defend oneself against.

Yeah, well, it’s just a matter of time since they know who they are. One will get murder and the other two some sort of accessory charge. Unless it falls under some law where if you’re committing a crime and someone gets murdered, everyone gets the charge, even the get away driver, etc.

Oh well fuck yes that’s the problem. The issue is made worse by the far more likely outcome a gun offers versus a knife/bat/whatever on that harm being lethal, IMHO.

I can drive over you with my bike, my car, or a steamroller. The likelihood of you ending up bruised, maimed, or dead changes significantly given my weapon of choice there.

The choice of weapon, though, does not affect the fact that this asshole intended harm. It very likely affected the amount of harm inflicted, though - and that shouldn’t be ignored.

9 Likes

True, but I think about half the things we as humans do make absolutely no sense. That pint of ice cream I just ate, for example, makes absolutely no sense in hindsight. I think it’s pretty obvious that we as a species are pretty prone to doing stupid things. Hopefully usually harmless to others of course.

So, then nothing can be senseless?

Coming back with a mask and it ends happily (possibly). A knife is not going to produce a happy outcome.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.