Fast-food worker shot by woman angry at coronavirus restrictions

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/07/fast-food-worker-shot-by-woman.html

4 Likes

Link in article goes to a different story. Correct link is https://www.koco.com/article/suspects-in-custody-after-2-employees-shot-at-mcdonalds-in-southwest-okc-police-say/32395365

10 Likes

Wow. That takes the ‘Karen’ stereotype of shrill demands for a manager to a whole other level. I’m glad she didn’t end up killing anyone.

I have to wonder what goes through someone’s head when doing this. Sense of entitlement so vast it probably has an event horizon? Cabin fever sufficiently severe that it probably needs a DSM V slot? Unrelated life stresses coming to a head? Actual belief that some hapless service industry peons obeying mandatory company policy are an arm of the deep-state conspiracy against El Presidente and America and Freedom?

22 Likes

She didn’t kill anyone, but since this is America and medical costs are obscene, she may have financially fucked several into oblivion. I don’t know if McDonald’s has liability in this instance, or if they will help in any way.

12 Likes

Since the shooter was an African-American woman (see my link in the other thread) I doubt she was a conspiratorial pro-Trump Karen.

2 Likes

Trying to imagine the mindset that leads to attempted multiple murders because the woman was… not even denied a hamburger, but denied the right to sit down and eat said burger in a specific location. This person wanted her ass in a McDonald’s booth so badly that she was willing to kill.

Nope, can’t get even close to imagining this. Yet another step towards seeing all my fellow human beings as utterly incomprehensible monsters who are likely to do terrible things seemingly at random, like some sort of malfunctioning meat robots.

12 Likes

So good that so many angry people have so much access to so many things that can end life so abruptly. So much freedom, you guys.

6 Likes

And I’ll bet the gun violence solved the problem, right?

/s

4 Likes

Living in fear of this…it is real. My daughter is working during this and had a man confront her earlier this week as she told him he had to have a mask to come into the store. He screamed at her about how it was fake and she was blocking his rights. Eventually he screamed he’d take his business elsewhere and left…which was what she wanted.

We’re not an open or concealed carry state, but still I know people do so. These people don’t understand that while they’re screaming about ‘their rights’ that they conveniently forget about ‘our rights’.

14 Likes

Somehow I prefer European approach to freedom. While I can not get gun so easily, any random angry person I encounter probably doesn’t have one too.
And somehow in supposedly freedom-loving state of Texas owning a laboratory vacuum dryer without permit is illegal while nearly anyone there can buy AR-15 which seems nearly purpose-made for mass shooting.

7 Likes

We all bleed freedom, because we are so free.

3 Likes

I’ve just never wanted McDonalds bad enough to shoot someone over it…

2 Likes

Congratulations, suspect lady! You just bought yourself a one-way ticket to COVID-19 central, complete with orange jump suit!

1 Like

I feel compelled to point out again that it’s not even like she couldn’t get the food- the restaurant was clearly open and staffed, they just weren’t letting people use the dining area, which she apparently wanted to sit in so badly that she thought shooting people was justified. These attempted murders happened over an issue of butt location.

3 Likes

“Essential Worker Shot By Idiot Angry at the World.”

3 Likes

Fixed. Thank you!

1 Like

Have you ever wanted a McDonalds enough to sign a contract with a sports team?

1 Like

If only there was a good Big Mac with a gun there.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.