Man attacks McDonald's worker, gets a battery charge and a beating

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/04/man-attacks-mcdonalds-worker.html

7 Likes

I have seen some serious crazy crap go down at many McDonalds’. This is just lucky timing that someone had a phone handy at that moment. And people wonder why restaurants want to put in touch-screen ordering!

11 Likes

“puss ass ___” - ? - help me here

“i’m on that shit” - yep, you are, and rightfully so - as that idiot sowed, so did he immediately reap, and will keep on reaping

5 Likes

amazing thing is the spineless manager and other employees did nothing, let alone try to actually serve the dude. they need to also be held accountable, at least by McDonalds.

5 Likes
20 Likes

the manager wouldn’t have seen the start of the incident nor the video, so he kind of had to finish the transaction - for sure, others should have been more helpful breaking it up

1 Like

Are we watching the same video, in which two employees run over to break up the fight, the manager intervenes while having people call the police, and the video ends with pretty much every employee on the floor coming over to find out what’s going on?

Please note that the same drunk guy kicked a second employee in the stomach, sending her to the hospital, as he was being kicked out.

12 Likes

I hope Mayor McRage reevaluates his people skills. I’d feel pretty dumb finding myself in a jail cell over something so meaningless.

3 Likes

I am almost certain that they are trained to avoid physical altercations. If this wasn’t on video McDonalds would probably end up settling a civil suit against the company and James.

5 Likes

He’s transient and reportedly drunk. I’m not sure “people skills” are the problem.

3 Likes

Isn’t this just a duplicate of this story?

7 Likes

I used to work as a door-greeter at Kmart in high school – the guy whose job is to eyeball potential shoplifters and call security if people are acting extra shifty or drunk – and it was absolutely impressed on me to never get involved if someone’s violent or physical. They would much rather lose a $200 VCR than deal with lawsuits and worker’s compensation if I was injured while on the clock.

17 Likes

I don’t think it’s a great way to handle things, but I think some of them were happy to let her continue for a long as she was landing punches.

4 Likes

Begun, these Straw Wars have.

26 Likes

Holy crap, according to that, he kicked another female coworkers in the stomach on his way out.

4 Likes

I enjoy the fact that she’s a boxer and he ended up leaving in worse shape.

1 Like

That is why you never lay hands on people. He basically grabbed a tiger by the tail and got mauled.

Also - if this was about straws, they are by the soda fountains, dumbass.

7 Likes

not sure I agree there is any racism here, I’ve unfortunately seen too many of these fast-food counter fights the past week across all social media

something is breaking down in society where this becomes even remotely acceptable, even when the individuals doing the attacking seem to have no fear or insight into any reprocussions for their actions, let alone the entitlement to physically touch someone else or even simply raise their voice to them

we can’t blame tea-party mentality, we can’t blame trump rallies for bringing all the crazies out of the woodwork, it’s now front-and-center that this would even begin to happen, all these people have ZERO fear they are going to end up sitting in a jail cell for some reason

1 Like

I think that people have done stupid, violent, idiotic things they regret later ever since alcohol was invented.

12 Likes

something is breaking down in society

No - this shit has been going on forever. We just didn’t have phones to record it so middle-class to upper-class people never had to encounter it and could pretend that it didn’t exist.

I saw shit like this when I worked my shitty fast food jobs in the 90s as well - usually late at night when drunken assholes were on the prowl. There have always been violent assholes out there, it just used to be that they were protected because without video evidence people didn’t hear about them unless they lived in the area and knew the people being attacked.

25 Likes