Man attacks McDonald's worker, gets a battery charge and a beating

I came here to share this link. The writing is masterful.

3 Likes

Sounds like a straw man argument.

21 Likes

Woah, slow down, I will not have you bad-mouthing alcohol here, young man!

It may be the cause of many problems, but it’s also the cure.

11 Likes

i can see avoiding getting into one, but also not helping end one that’s already started?

1 Like

Ugh the way he snaps his fingers at the guy who speaks to him next is so disgusting. What a piece of trash this man is.

9 Likes

If he’d asked nicely…

The Tampa Bay Times reported that starting in January restaurants can only give out straws to people who request them. A complete ban will start the following year.

Why not go back to paper straws for that retro touch?

2 Likes

Yep, all we are seeing is what was already there. Literally nothing has changed. Entitled drunk assholes who decide today they can beat up some one who isn’t related to them… and most of the time they can but this time some one got it on video. That’s the only thing that is different about this scenario.

8 Likes

Actually for violent entitled narcissists it’s more like symptom control for that pesky sense of personal responsibility that won’t go away.

2 Likes

Which is why he had to kick another employee on the way out to ease his penis-shrinkage.

7 Likes

He didn’t just want a straw - he wanted straws to be provided in the lobby where he could grab one. He didn’t want to have to ask.

Any McD’s with a high school nearby will keep the straws under lock and key, because kids. Too bad about Ralph Kramden there.

1 Like

Man attacks McDonald’s worker, gets a battery charge and a beating

Seems odd that they’d offer to bring his phone up to 100% after all of that.

13 Likes

He wouldn’t have lifted a finger if she’d been a white man.

6 Likes

Yes. If it can be avoided, avoid it. Even if there isn’t a lawsuit, corporate doesn’t want to have to pay workman’s comp claims if you get injured on the job breaking up a fight. Basically the only people who are expected to break up fights on the job are police officers, security, and educators in that order (and generally it’s preferred if educators don’t break up a fight if they don’t have to).

2 Likes

I think the “control” remark pretty much says it all. He felt he needed to be able to control her… and I wonder why he expected so much power and authority over her… but certainly it’s just a coincidence /s She’s not allowed to tell him “no.”

9 Likes

Something is wrong with the average McDonald’s customer…

5 Likes

It doesn’t say when on New Year’s Eve it happened.

Around here, I think even the fast food places close up tight well before New Year’s strikes, just because of people like him.

Orange suits him.

Orange

6 Likes

Actually…the manager (by all reports) actually did the right thing…he paid for the guys order and gave him what he wanted in order to DEESCALATE the situation while the police were on their way.

Now don’t get me wrong…I’m not saying the manager is Time’s person of the year or anything…I’m saying that if they had jumped into the fray, it would have only made this entire situation worse. They did the right thing.

17 Likes

does being a white male give people some protection from lack of inhibition to consequences? perhaps somewhat but can’t be a complete excuse

my friend was mugged last year, not the same as this of course but he’s a white dude, didn’t seem to stop the attack

here’s a completely different incident that while it has no physical violation like this one, shows the same lack of inhibition to consequences, where the theme might be “it’s okay for me to do this because it’s how I feel”

I’d suggest if trump isn’t the direct cause, he’s certainly shown it’s okay to not only “think with your gut” but “react with your gut”

47,246 votes and 382 comments so far on Reddit

1 Like

He looks a little confused how his life choices got him here.

1 Like

I think you’re right. So was the Filet-O-Fist a red herring?

2 Likes