Man attacks McDonald's worker, gets a battery charge and a beating

I usually don’t go for these videos but the “ultimate form” comment gets me laughing ever time.

*edit because I remembered the phrase wrongly

3 Likes

Trying to reel someone into a pun trading?

I feel too fried to dive in for now…

1 Like

Often, it does. Yes. For instance, it’s far more likely that a suspect will be brought in safe and unharmed, if they’re white. Black men are more likely to be falsely accused of crimes than white men. Black men are far more likely to server longer sentences than white men. White men are far less likely to be sought for questioning. Etc.

There is a LONG body of work on this issue. It’s not speculation on our part. White men get away with a whole lot of shit, thanks in part to white privilege. It has a long history in this country and it has not completely gone away.

25 Likes

Where did we go wrong?

8 Likes

breakfast all day. That was the turning point.

People just lost their god damn minds as a result.

4 Likes

I blame Michael Douglas.

9 Likes

Shouldn’t it be “Florida Man…” or “Gentleman…”
Maybe we should open up a new category: “Floridian Gentleman”

When are white folks (hey that’s me too, I resemble that remark) and esp cops going to clue in that EVERYONE has a video camera now! Everyone! Getting harder to claim, well the angle doesn’t show… and the two sides are equally at fault… somehow his body cam was turned off… the perp attacked me! And I would wager there are several McD’s cameras pointed at the registers.

3 Likes

The retail employee is the front line in America… Treat them well because you can pretty much guaranty that someone has been awful to them today.

Everyone should have to work retail for a period in their life, just to get an idea of what it’s like. Not saying its the worst job by far, but I think it could help expand our notion of mutual respect and dignity.

19 Likes

Pretty nice…

2 Likes

Unfortunately from my experience there is more than a small number of people that after working retail took the opposite “I got treated like crap, so it’s ok for me to treat the next batch like crap.” message away. It’s the same broken mentality that perpetuates hazing and such.

2 Likes

Anyone who snaps their fingers like this at another person is fucking asking for it.

11%20AM

11 Likes

Deja vu

Like we stated on the other thread, the man unwittingly encapsulated the crux of the whole problem with one declarative statement:

10 Likes

The woman is clearly at fault. If she had just complied with his verbal commands, the situation would not have escalated to use of force. /s

4 Likes

Sigh… to paraphrase a recent Fb post by a friend of mine… “white people are exhausting”.

12 Likes

Yes, being a white male gives me spectacular insulation from things like this, both if we are the perpetrator and from someone choosing to start the initial incident. If you’re a white guy walk with a female friend, who makes that trip a lot, through a bar district in the evening some time. Ask them what it is normally like and if it is any different with you there. In my experience the amount of creepy/dangerous behavior plummets.

4 Likes

I believe this was a restaurant that had a plastic-straw ban, so she told him that he needed to ask for one as they were no longer freely available. Asking nicely for things does not appear to be his forte.

8 Likes

“Ultimate form”

2 Likes

Lol. Ya, the manager who saw nothing should run over and jump in on the action!

No, the employees and the manager separated the two, deescalated the situation and started trying to figure out WTF was going on. And this is McDonalds, in my book that’s pretty top notch for a run-of-the-mill retail shop.

3 Likes

Quoth the pun-dit, (amongst other im-pun-derables).

You may need to translate that for the kids.

A steel box of Netflix?

5 Likes