Florida woman who waved gun at McDonald's was still angry after they gave her the free cookie she wanted

Originally published at: Florida woman who waved gun at McDonald's was still angry after they gave her the free cookie she wanted | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Some people feel very passionate about cookies.

cookie-monster

21 Likes

Yes. Paid out as a couple of extra pounds that will stay with you forever.

12 Likes

These “Secret Shopper” programs are getting out of hand!

11 Likes

Today I learned that McDonald’s has a rewards program!

Yay, more McDonald’s.

Sick Vomit GIF by CBS

You have to spend $60 just to get a free Quarter Pounder. :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

If our Irate Shopper is taken in to custody, she might well get a few days of free bed and board at the expense of the county. #4DChess :smiley::+1:

3 Likes

You can always buy them a cookie if you want.

4 Likes

Just standing her ground?

7 Likes

There’s something about McDonalds that causes customers to become very irate when they don’t get their way. I can’t figure it out. There’s that video of the lady growling and smashing the drive through window when she can’t get McNuggets before 10:30am, people calling 911 because their order was incorrect, countless videos of people attacking employees at the counter. The employees don’t deserve that nonsense.

6 Likes

Yeah, Florida. Was just thinking she was lucky no “good guy” happened to be available, I’m under the impression a jury would feel like everyone was in mortal danger.

4 Likes
12 Likes

What surprises me most about these sorts of reports is that they involve people who are simultaneously alive and roaming free among the public at large and so emotionally dysregulated that they’d immediately resort to some felony menacing over their right to a McDonald’s cookie.

With all the opportunities for risk-seeking behavior, various sorts of impulsive and not terribly well advised crime, escalating hostility with peers who may not be much more stable or worse armed, and so on it’s just a little baffling that the breaking point that brought them to official attention was something so trivial.

3 Likes

Yeah, despite that certain portions of society try to tell us, it is never just “one bad day” that causes irrational behaviour; but, rather, a long period of stress leading up to a triggering event. I try to remain polite with people, just in case. :+1:

3 Likes

I’d be deeply skeptical of the level of expected improvement to be wrought by a ‘good guy’ caught up in the euphoric rush of having his day made; but treating someone who moves from irate yelling to pulling a gun, inserting the magazine, and chambering a round; then trying to force the door as a potentially lethal threat seems like pretty basic “if someone shows you who they are; believe them the first time” material.

1 Like

They don’t realize they’re not in a Burger King.

4 Likes

Gonna be some heavy lifting by the ‘reaction to hair dye’ defense in her moments in court or whatever else they give you if you already got a cookie.

1 Like

I see the Unhappy Meal is back.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.