Michigan State Senator Mallory McMorrow forcefully responds to right-wing lies about "grooming" children

Again…we don’t really want to start that, because the right will take it and run with it, and, frankly, they’re better at that kind of nonsense game playing, because they have more experience at it. The best response is exactly what happened. Get on the floor of the state house and give a killer speech.

In fact, they do not.

6 Likes

Bummer - that’s what I get from relying on memory.

Popehat’s thread on this - as so often in these areas - is better than anything I could ever hope to write:

8 Likes

And as long as we’re held hostage by GOP Gerrymandering, we will continue to not have sensible legislation. :frowning:

6 Likes

More than once in my life I have been presented with Martin Luther King Jr.'s “Letter From Birmingham Jail” as an example of rhetorical excellence. Sen. McMorrow’s speech should join Dr. King’s writing as an example of the power of language in service to human rights. She speaks painful truths which cannot be denied. At once a statement of fact and a call to action. I will share this speech at every opportunity.

1 Like

NO! Republicans need to stand up and do just what Sen. McMorrow did.

I was reading comments under a news story about Disney on Facebook and I learned a couple things.

The problem with Netflix is their programing geared toward grooming.

And Florida is taking away Disney’s ability to make their own laws so they can’t groom children.

When you point out that’s actually no what’s going on you are immediately labeled a groomer.

When they latch on to something they really never let go until they’re told about a new wacky theory from their leaders.

3 Likes

Michigan is a per se defamation state. Meaning the false accusation of sexual impropriety is considered defamation without having to prove one was harmed by the statement. (Typically part of the burden for a plaintiff in defamation actions)

It would be an easy suit for McMorrow and should be encouraged to hit these right wing asshats in their wallets.

5 Likes
11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.