Mickey Mouse has entered Public Domain

4 Likes

3 Likes

Let’s take real advantage of this opportunity- there’s so much more that we can do with public domain content than just feed it to the freakin’ AI image generators. One of my sons has been hard at work for weeks to make something special with Mickey, so I’ll post it here when it’s ready.

15 Likes

I’m a no talent hack so this is the best I can do… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not sure what happened with Minnie’s hat here…

2 Likes

Here it is, a brand-new, hand-drawn Mickey Mouse cartoon:

10 Likes

Hahahahhshshs.

The tiktok dance was the Cherry on the top.

7 Likes

Cheer Applause GIF by Peanuts

6 Likes

bbc one episode 3 GIF by BBC

5 Likes

Finally my chance to make a Joseph Conrad Connected Universe staring Steamboat Willie as Marlow is here. Be on the lookout for Lord Jim.

6 Likes

A Mickey Mouse plug-in for Doom?

2 Likes

Given the obvious connections and circumstances, I’ll be incredibly disappointed if DeSantis and Mickey aren’t mashed together or otherwise “fucked with” in interesting ways.

2 Likes

In the public domain at last. It’s about time!

2 Likes

unfortunately it’s only the earliest version. the more well known styles ( and minnie ) are still copyrighted

3 Likes

That’s my godson!

IMG_0838

10 Likes

Minnie was in Steamboat Willie so the earliest version of her character is in the public domain now too.

Mickey’s nemesis/bully Peg Leg Pete was actually in public domain even earlier because he debuted in another Disney short back in 1925.

7 Likes

That’s right: she used to wear pasties. Those that want the topless version have to wait just a bit longer.
20240101_120300

20240101_120557

1 Like
1 Like

Disney Has No Comment on Microsoft’s AI Generating Pictures of Mickey Mouse Doing 9/11