Microsoft adds "Copilot" key to keyboard layout

A crumpled up BandAid.

7 Likes

Can talk about how the video implies we will not only be having Copilot shoved down our throats, but we will be using an awful “Revenge of the ZX Spectrum” rubber keyboard?

You’ll have to use AI because it will be impossible to type much of anything.

6 Likes

I’m hopeful the mechanical keyboard folks will continue to do their thing and ignore this nonsense. The only time I use an OEM keyboard is the rare days I have to go into the office and connect my laptop into a dock, otherwise I purchase something better than the unresponsive rubber sponge most OEM systems include.

1 Like

It seems appropriate that they would be taking away our ctrl of our computers to push their cloud service flavor of the month.

5 Likes

So… All of the people who upgraded their hardware so they could upgrade to Windows 11 will have to upgrade their hardware again, because Windows 11.

It’s Microsoft’s death spiral, right down the crapper.

3 Likes

That announcement sounds like it was written by AI.

3 Likes

A fancy burrito

5 Likes

11 Likes

13 Likes

The logo is two protozoa reproducing sexually

9 Likes

tumblr_524a7bda9d097c0dc06ecbfb459472e8_d3cbe185_1280

3 Likes

Disappointing typo. I don’t want a shortcut to AI. A single button press for the copy command would be a more than welcome addition. Give me one of those for paste, too.

2 Likes

Am I the only person on the planet who’s never used the Windows Key? I already had all the functions I use in my daily work (and play) under control before it appeared and never saw a need for it. To this day it’s the Key That I Accidentally Hit When I Miss the Alt Key. I know I hit it when a menu pops up offering things I have no interest in.

4 Likes

I use Windows-D to collapse all windows and show the desktop. That’s about it.

3 Likes

I propose that CapsLock be rebranded as the “current hotness” key.
It summons whatever trending technology has been shoehorned into the latest release of the operating system.

2 Likes

Can we get rid of the Windows key instead?

If anyone knows how to get Windows 11 to let me use Shift-F5 for Fill in Photoshop like it has done for years, instead of opening some fucking multiple display options Windows menu, that’d be great.

I have zero need for any other shortcuts or “assistance”.

3 Likes

Win 11 is a pile of rotting fucking garbage.

5 Likes

So with my keyboard mapped to

• L-CTL ⇒ <CTL>
  • R-CTL ⇒ <Compose>
  • L-ALT ⇒ <ALT>
  • R-ALT ⇒ <L3>
  • WIN ⇒ <SUPER>

Does that mean that now I get COPILOT ⇒ <HYPER>, or does that just mean there’s an entire key on my keyboard hardwired to “<SUPER>+<C>”?

1 Like

Isn’t that too obvious?

2 Likes