Microsoft adds "Copilot" key to keyboard layout

6 Likes

But that’s my compose key.

1 Like

You know it wasn’t an active choice, right? :wink:

The few programs I use on that machine have their own interface set-ups and that’s fine, I don’t care what OS I use. But, dammit, Shift-F5 is a quick left-handed flick that…

*sulk

4 Likes

6 Likes

Now it makes sense. :grin:

Part of the rot is that what Microsoft thinks users want and what users actually want are on diverging paths and this AI nonsense just cements it, nobody wants this crap apart from the moneybags in suits.

4 Likes

Meanwhile, on BlueSky, there’s been a good-natured international conversation about people’s favourite fountain pens for the last few weeks that is wonderfully practical.

3 Likes

Something forever beyond my grasp (not literally) since i am left handed, those things have never worked for me.

1 Like

I know I already give out :heart: :heart: like a drunk at a bar, but if I could give you a million likes for this I would.

The Best Thank You GIF by Debbie Ridpath Ohi

4 Likes

… you could always follow the example of

Why Did Leonardo da Vinci Write Backwards? A Look Into the Ultimate Renaissance Man's "Mirror Writing" | Open Culture

6 Likes

My PC doesn’t have a Trusted Platform Module (to give Microsoft a hard lock on my computer), so I’m stuck with Win 10. :roll_eyes: Soon I’ll be adding a Linux distro dual boot.

4 Likes

Or, think about real estate. Location, location, location. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

… is that the new Roman Empire :thinking:

2 Likes

Location as in, “Look for the funny looking key between the ALT and left-arrow key” rather than describe the key.

1 Like

SLAM that slap bracelet fealty key! Now whack it fast for Satya Nadella! You’re getting points. So much points. You answered the quiz wrong and got the same 10 points. Diabetes is from observing this basilisk!

Only have rotting garbage that hasn’t crashed in 200 days but has restarted (among others.) Must upgrade to rotting fucking garbage to run Epic Launcher more…ruttingly, please advise.

Eta: no sooner spoken than machines decide to deny there ever was a WiFi or Bluetooth card, separately, then decide back after some sleep(2).

4 Likes

I have three keys between right ALT and left arrow, and none of them are my copilot.

Your mistake, sad, uncertain; the Epic app shall be used to part the curtain,
Twixt library and free games of morbid curiosity galore–
While you ponder download of dubious offerings
Comes an incessant tap-tapping on your cerebral core:
Will I ever play Friendship Doom Train 4?
Nah, load ROM Secret of Evermore.

4 Likes

8bghnr

5 Likes

May as well pick Thai or Canadian Syllabics or Ogham. (᚛ᚑᚌᚐᚋ-ᚒᚔᚂᚂ-ᚏᚕᚂᚂᚔ-ᚁᚏᚕᚊ-ᚈᚆᚓᚋ᚜)

But it you want subtle evil, go for French Azerty.

I’ve seen even French folk who grew up with Azerty go completely mental when trying to flip their brains between Querty and Azerty modes on the fly.

6 Likes

ah yes. i can see from your avatar… :wink:

5 Likes

tenor-1092190069

4 Likes

I use the Windows key all the time. WinL to lock my screen, Win/Win to move and resize windows, Win; to bring up the emoji keyboard, WinS to do a screen clipping, Win by itself to bring up the start menu. It’s a pretty useful key.

A Copilot key on the other hand? Fuck that shit.

2 Likes