Microwaved glowstick experiment goes awry

“…and as always, until next time, break a glowstick in your eyes.”

5 Likes

Why isn’t there more? Cause if you do something dumb in a “Look at this cool thing I did” video, you don’t (usually) post it.

Yup. My dad’s oft-used expression was “Oh, son.”, because he’d absolutely run out of surprise at my accidents.

Reminds me of the time my mom expressly told us not to jump down the stairwell in our home as she and dad left on a date. One hour later, I was in the emergency room receiving twelve stitches in my forehead.

8 Likes

Yeah, I’m with you. That was pretty unpleasant to watch.

6 Likes

Good parenting. And if there’s one thing I know, its that you wash the glass fragments and boiling hot chemicals out of your eyes before rubbing them with your hands.

I could not watch the father try to simultaneously berate his son & read the package ingredients while the son in the background pretty much had to be damaging his eyes. I had to turn it off.

Hey, Internet, if this happens to your kid you need to physically grab them and force their face into the nearby sink while shouting “don’t rub your eyes, don’t rub your eyes!

8 Likes

It’s all over your awesome shirt… i said: don’t microwave it, don’t screw around… What’d you do? With a beautiful shirt on? And get it in your eyes.

Presumably, if his child had been blinded – while wearing a throwaway T-shirt – this would count as a win.

4 Likes

During Predator the VFX Supervisor used to have to run out between takes and hit the alien “blood” with a little blowtorch.

1 Like

Survivorship bias.

2 Likes

My guess is that this video was posted to embarrass the kid.

1 Like

It doesn’t have to be the dad. It’s my impression that Kids today see embarrassing themselves on youtube as a national pastime.

5 Likes

That’s a possibility too. I’d much rather it be that than the dad doing it
as some kind of “punishment.” That crosses the line from run of the mill
emotional abuse into some seriously depraved territory.

3 Likes

I imagine a conversation like this happens ever night in the white house between trump and Bannon, sans the glow stick.

7 Likes

God damn it Jack! Did you have to go and use vertical effing video format? Now we have to film this whole God damned thing again with your sister! Jesus titty-fucking Christ, your mother is gonna be pissed when she gets home!

4 Likes

And he doesn’t even have the excuse of a polarized smartphone screen and polarized sunglasses.

1 Like

Even worse than vertical is the rotation to horizontal and back while in the microwave.

2 Likes

Darwin 101

2 Likes

Very much this. Auto mechanics in high school drilled this into us - if you see someone get crap in their eyes, grab their hands and drag them to the eyewash station.

8 Likes

I am horrified at the thought of shaking ANY sealed container fresh out of a microwave.

Then again when I was a kid I used to dig up and empty live munitions, have mishaps with magnesium, and phosphorous. And that time my potassium permanganate and glycerine mixture shattered its Pyrex beaker and turned into a mass of burning sparking purple lava igniting things as it got loose in my parent’s basement. It is amazing that I survived.

7 Likes

Jeezus, that was painful to watch.

“Microwaved (fill-in-the-blank) Experiment Goes Awry.”

Just another example where he should have used a conventional oven. Microwaves alter the liquid so that it’s no longer safe to drink.

4 Likes