Microwaved glowstick experiment goes awry

Wut?

The glow stick liquid wasn’t safe to drink even before putting it into a microwave.

2 Likes

Oh, sorry, I left off the /* irony on */ intro.

1 Like

It wasn’t obvious to me because I actually have co-workers who say stupid shit like this.

2 Likes

FFabian, I know, I know…that’s why I rolled it out there :-). Cheers…

1 Like

And all her beautiful shirts are at the cleaners!

2 Likes

Oooo. . . I smell a sequel!

2 Likes

The glowstick one is kind of tame compared to what’s on YouTube.

and this one too

I had my “unwise microwave experiments” party before YouTube was a thing, unfortunately.

We made some plasma, some cyanide fumes that were hard on our lungs, an explosion or two, and other unfortunate things… but the things that impressed me personally were the 12" florescent tube and the laptop backlight.

You know those searchlights that project a hard-edged beam for miles? The kind they use to search for zeppelins in old movies? A powerful microwave and a small, old-style florescent tube (the kind that needs a starter) is kind of like that.

1 Like

So happy I was a kid before YouTube. I had way too many “Hey, watch this!” moments. Amazed I’ve survived my youth and the Army.

2 Likes

yep, the father was displaying real jerkitude, even if the kid did something stupid. Turn off and turned off.

3 Likes

Imma guessing that the family’s kitchen blender is no longer functioning.

They should run this as a PSA. I can tell you my son now has very little likelihood of microwaving a glowstick.

I don’t think he’ll even nuke a burrito without goggles after seeing that.

3 Likes

The kid’s shirt appears to be a ways up on dad’s list of important things.

2 Likes

It goes without saying that society has long worn the ‘litigiousness’ badge with pride, so I’m wondering if any of these blown-themselves-up Einsteins have sued YT for ‘inspiring’ them to do the mindless things they do.

Still waiting for a video showing a tiny mw oven being zapped inside a much larger one.

1 Like

the voiceover suggests that he’s going with the “flush for fifteen minutes” remedy, and he doesn’t need any more help.

1 Like

Just speaking for myself, after something like this I’d take my kid to the ER anyway to be looked at. That is, his eye’s looked at; a shrink could have a crack at him later.

2 Likes

Well, yes. That would be sensible.

1 Like