Mike Bloomberg launches zany meme campaign

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/13/mike-bloomberg-launches-zany-m.html

2 Likes

9 Likes

38 Likes

Bloomy is on acid again, the bad kind.

8 Likes

We kid - but these guys sell you every crappy product under the sun already - what’s one more?

5 Likes

Remember that bit in “Ender’s Game” where Ender’s brother and sister became political influencers due to their long, thoughtful, reasoned discussions on the internet? It sounded so plausible back then.

19 Likes

OK Bloomer

22 Likes

Um, IIRC, isn’t fuckjerry the guys who were involved with assisting the Fyre Festival promo, and also the documentary that tried to downplay involvement in the scam?

10 Likes

Exactly! I was trying to remember which trainwreck had their logo on it…

So Bloomberg has hooked up with the Fyre Island guys… I see some opportunities for memes which may not be paid-for astroturf.

Bloomberg might (hopefully) learn that the meme game doesnt play by the same rules as his company.

2 Likes

Edit - Fyre Festival! :rofl:

2 Likes

7 Likes

Priceless!

11 Likes

Nothing but good times when the billionaires try to get down w/ the common folk.

2 Likes

Thread:

7 Likes

He is also the chief executive of Jerry Media, a media and marketing company that is a powerful force in the influencer economy.

Isn’t that the company everyone hates now?

The memes are screengrabs of made-up private message chats with Bloomberg, portraying him as a tech-savvy, funny billionnaire. Bloomberg is one of those things.

Are the memes in the post supposed to be representative? Because they seem to portray him as weirdly out-of-touch more than anything else.

2 Likes

Zany.

7 Likes

I love the smell of Realpolitik in the morning.

2 Likes

I don’t get it?

6 Likes

Bloomberg: Deposits 350 million dollars into tray

Bloomberg: “One election please!”

There’s an actual meme version of this. I swear I saw it on reddit. It’s a template out of a manga where a little girl deposits a wrapper into a tray on the counter of a little food shop and asks “one [thing] please!”

I can’t seem to even find the template :frowning:

2 Likes