Mike Lindell tells GOP to only vote in person, even though he thinks machines are rigged

Originally published at: Mike Lindell tells GOP to only vote in person, even though he thinks machines are rigged | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Crack is a helluva drug.

11 Likes

“… shouted the MyPillow guy, as he sat next to Marjorie Taylor Greene and Steve Bannon”

What a dream line-up.

17 Likes

To my eye, this looks like they are laughing at his “melting the machines down for prison bars” comment.

They’re still awful garbage people, the three of them.

6 Likes

So is he just a dumbass; or is there some States With Republican Majorities For Electoral Integrity operation busy classifying all mail-in ballots as presumptively cast by illegal mexicans because reasons?

7 Likes

I wonder what his net impact on the election will be. Is his crazytalk going to convince more people to vote Republican, convince more voters that Republicans are crazypants who shouldn’t be trusted with scissors, let alone government, or is this sort of talk going to convince his followers not to vote, as it’s all rigged?

6 Likes

14 Likes

More like a nightmare.

4 Likes

Voting in person works for the GOP because, as we all know, GOP males have magic styli.

Bannon: “They’re enervated by what they’re finding.”

I’m sure Bannon knows that enervated is the opposite of energized.

8 Likes

Or Perjury Traitor Greene’s Syndrome is contagious.

6 Likes

A dream to some… A NIGHTMARE TO OTHERS!

8 Likes

This is part of the strategy which also includes intercepting, destroying, or just not certifying mail-in ballots.
It has happened before, and will happen again.

He knows the voting machines are fine. And way more reliable than than then multi-step process of mail-in voting, which requires the full cooperation of the USPS (nope), the vote certifiers (nope) and the vote counters (nope).

2 Likes

The goal of these right-wing efforts against mail-in voting has nothing to do with the actual reliability or integrity of the method and everything to do with disenfranchising PoC, the working poor, the disabled, and students. It goes along with the right’s constant resistance to making election day a bank holiday or mandating paid time off to vote.

11 Likes

I think the main outcome is to make future elections seem illegitimate. (And this may be the entire purpose, though I think Lindell actually believes some of the crap he spews.) It somewhat reduces Republican voter participation, but it greatly increases the disparity between initially-reported vote results, which are all in-person, and later counts that include the mail-in ballots. Making sure the later votes are all Democratic means the introduction of votes in the total count, seemingly “out of nowhere,” provides Republicans with “proof” that the vote has been tampered with.

7 Likes

Trump and his Republican allies tried to invalidate the 2020 election. Lindell, as a priest of the trumpist sect, even “predicted” that Trump would return to the presidency, after “investigations that would prove fraud”. None of this happened. Biden correctly remains president.

Therefore, the current purpose of Trump-aligned Republicans is to restrict the right to vote. Across the country, there are hundreds of bills to this effect. One of the Trumpists’ main targets is mail-in voting, which they want to limit to suppress certain voters (“working poor, the disabled, and students”, as noted above).

2 Likes

[citation needed] The first can be bypassed by using a ballot drop box, and the latter are vulnerabilities for in-person voting as much as for mail-in ballots.

3 Likes

And let’s not forget that we can secure the vote (in person or mail in) because we literally just did in 2020, despite what the Trumpers say.

6 Likes

I think Lindell believes most of the stuff he’s spouting, and I further think a lot more of the right-wing loons in media and in politics really do believe the outrageous and incoherent bullshit they share than many BBers assume.

These are people in a movement that’s spent a couple of decades now telling its members to stuff their heads up their own asses, metaphorically. It’s hard, sometimes impossible, to keep doing that and not be affected yourself.

(I think Alex Jones is exactly as nuts as he seems, for example. His red-faced screaming conspiracy theorist thing may well have started as an act, but it’s consumed him.)

3 Likes

FWIW, I still voted in person in Missouri because I just didn’t trust the people in power to count all of the mail in votes. I figured in person would be harder to reject votes, so I masked up and went.

4 Likes