Mike Pence finally blurts it out: "I will not be endorsing Donald Trump this year" (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/15/mike-pence-finally-blurts-it-out-i-will-not-be-endorsing-donald-trump-this-year-video.html

6 Likes

That self-righteous loaf of Wonderbread is a real Portrait in Courage, ain’t he?

16 Likes

Religion has created one of the most spineless fucks ever imaginable.

Fuck the hell off Pence.

6 Likes

Bare Minimum Mike; just like when he certified the 2020 election results on Insurrection Day.

Dangerous as 45 supporters can be, this still ain’t no great act of “bravery.”

16 Likes

Sorry Mike. You are a few years late. How’s that spine growth serum working for you?

7 Likes

Maybe, IDK Mike, maybe spill the beads and testify against him and tell the world what it needs to know to throw the fucker in prison forever.

15 Likes

That’s funny, I am surprised-- everyone else in the GOP is lining up to kiss his ring.

What was the last straw, Mike, did he call you up privately and tell you he was going to have you arrested and shot the minute he took office?

12 Likes

What a chapter Pence’s life would have made in Profiles in Not Quite As Cowardly.

11 Likes
16 Likes

It was only conception. Now he has to carry it full term, or face criminal charges.

12 Likes

… it attracts flies

4 Likes

Life-size model:

6 Likes

Not endorsing Trump doesn’t mean Pence won’t vote for him in November.

8 Likes

He really should, even just considering self-interest. I can’t imagine he can have much of a political career anymore, but the tell-all book circuit can be VERY lucrative.

ETA: Assuming a crazed MAGAT doesn’t murder him, I suppose…

5 Likes

The target audience is somewhat limited though—who still has enough respect for the guy to read his book?

5 Likes

Right? I mean he’s lauded as some sort of hero because he … did his job on January 6. The bare minimum is somehow considered heroic.

Then he in the most noncommittal way possible stated Trump was maybe possibly ever so slightly responsible for J6. He runs for president refusing to express nothing beyond a slight annoyance with Trump.

So he chooses not to endorse Trump? Who the fuck cares — nobody on the right cares what he has to say anymore. I will bet that he’ll still vote for him.

6 Likes

He could have said something over the years while Trump has been funding his fascism by fleecing the evangelical flock.

5 Likes

I dunno, libertarians? But you have a fair point.

Welp, guess he’s fucked. Such is life. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Helminthologists? They so rarely get a first-person account.

4 Likes

No, absolutely not. Not ever. Fuck that guy. He’s still a homophobic, transphobic, misogynistic Christian Nationalist. He does not get one iota of praise from me for simply refusing to endorse someone facing dozens of criminal charges who has stated that he will be a dictator on day one if reelected. It’s not even the bare minimum that we should expect from political leaders, which he clearly is not. The bare minimum would be to not only refuse to endorse Trump, but to endorse Biden because you recognize that this is the time to put country before party.

7 Likes