Mike Pence momentarily snaps, says he "won't stand for" Trump bullying him (audio)

Originally published at: Mike Pence momentarily snaps, says he "won't stand for" Trump bullying him (audio) | Boing Boing

6 Likes

I suppose bending over and taking it isn’t really “standing.”

16 Likes

He will sit quietly.

14 Likes

…and a cry of “MOTHER!!!” was heard ringing thru the halls.

17 Likes

Mike Pence has all the integrity of a piece of untoasted white bread with the crust cut off that has been soaking in room temperature tap water for an hour.

16 Likes

Are you going to do anything about it?
No, but I won’t stand for it!

6 Likes

Any remarks from the fly?

10 Likes

Would that You Can’t Do That On Television were still on the air- I’d check out that interview with Pence for sure!

5 Likes

I’m sure he’ll defiantly stand up for himself the moment Trump orders him to.

4 Likes

good for you Mike, but, if you did have the right to not certify the election you most certainly would have. Which is why you are still a dipshit.

10 Likes

Seething Trump toady Mike Pence momentarily turned into a tough guy

ey! “Seething toady” was the name of my bagpipe and kazoo band! (“and triangle!” “yes yes jeremy… triangle”)

7 Likes

Mike Pence’s Vaguely Inspiring Supervised Visit with His Dignity

“Pence remains a fascinating, almost novelistic figure in this drama, almost a reductio ad absurdum, a mathematical representation of how to do the right thing with the least physically measurable quanta of dignity possible.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/mike-pences-vaguely-inspiring-supervised-visit-with-his-dignity

[ETA: link may be paywalled, but I don’t think it is.]

10 Likes

Given how uncharacteristic this is, are we sure this comment wasn’t the fly?

12 Likes

Dude, you guys turned on an apparatus that has no off switch. :man_shrugging:

Expecting Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

10 Likes

I am, of course, glad that Pence refused to go along with Trump’s plan on Jan 6. I am not going to applaud him for not breaking the law. That’s supposed to be the default. And I’m not particularly impressed with his attempt at sounding like a tough guy. He can’t even do that without hedging.

14 Likes

AFAICT, all current Republicans are one of these four:

1. Zealots that blindly follow their orange master.
  2. Opportunists that are fully aware that he’s full of sh*t, but give full lip service to the orange master because they still think he’s the best path to power.
  3. Those that hate Trump and want him out, but still hedge their bets because he may still end up being the best path to power. Pence is part of this group.
  4. Those that want power for themselves and are trying to topple him in order to take his place. Christie and DeSantos are the most prominent members of this group.
7 Likes

12 Likes

Since Muskrat & the Bionic Boy aren’t going to enter the octagon- fingers crossed!

5 Likes

Perhaps he will now go hide behind Mother’s skirts. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

So…

1. straight up fascists.
  2. People who aren’t fascists but want to be fascists
  3. People who aren’t fascists but okay with following fascists
  4. People who are fascists and want to be even more evil but want a good smoke screen to cover it.
9 Likes