Mike Pompeo: "There will be a smooth transition to a second Trump administration"

This is going to continue until 1/6/2021 when Congress counts the electoral votes. Biden will have 2 weeks to implement a transition and the GOP will rip him up for every underprepared misstep that they will have caused with this criminal inanity.

20 Likes

I think it means Biden buying Pompeo off with a job offer, sincere or otherwise.

1 Like

Pompeo works for the most petulant, narcissistic, ego-driven man probably any of us have ever seen. I think in this situation he had to make that comment, whether it was a joke or not, whether he believes it or not, simply to protect his own ass. Probably everyone that works for Trump is under notice that they can’t ever admit defeat.

And I’m not defending him, he made the choice to work for Donald.

It’s going to be a rough couple months.

10 Likes

PLEASE READ

10 Likes

As others have said, getting canned might be the smartest thing anyone in this administration can do in order not to abet ongoing criminality and distance themselves from past criminality.

Trump hands out pardons to “own the libs”, not in return for actual loyalty.

Sylvia-popcorn

10 Likes

Considering how many times Biden’s age was brought up during the campaign, I’m genuinely surprised that there is someone who didn’t get the message that he wasn’t born yesterday.

19 Likes

Don’t let the door hit you on the ass as Diplomatic Security Services throws your ass out of Foggy Bottom.

2 Likes

This is surely the first and only time anyone has described anything Pompeo has done as “smooth”.

1 Like

At some point today, I found that I have crossed over from “hooray we won, this fraud investigation is an obvious sham, and Biden will be POTUS” to “holy shit my hair is on fire and we need to stop this NOW.” The MSM is dutifully dismissing bogus claims of electoral fraud, but it really seems like this is building to something much worse than court cases.

But I honestly don’t know what to do, nor do I see any comforting signs that anyone is doing anything. Any ideas? I think my current strategy of fact-checking people in YouTube comments won’t have much impact.

5 Likes

Those guys are trumpy AF. Just saying.

4 Likes

Georgia and a couple other States with Republican Legislatures will ignore the votes and declare for Trump. He will be sworn in January 20th. There will be some yelling, but his coup will be legal.

Given that our Sec. of State seems to be doing his job this year, even when he’s under pressure to resign for doing so, that’s not a given. Their control over the state is incredibly tenuous right now, and the opposition is energized and ready to do the hard legal work to make sure all our votes are counted and the will of the people are upheld.

38 Likes

We just have to keep flushing the swamp until all the turds like Pompeo are gone forever…

3 Likes

I think that is extremely unlikely. I think what is far more likely, and what we are seeing in front of us, is the Trump cult trying to tear down and delegitimize the system itself. The danger, as @brainspore points out, is not that Trump is declared President, but:

I think this is the best year possible for no inauguration crowds. The messages this cult is being sent by supposedly sane sources that we used to pretend would be the calming influences on this regime should scare anyone who is paying attention.

And, to be honest, I’m perplexed by the argument some folks are making that the fact that a lot of folks are in for a rough time due to Covid makes unrest somehow less likely? I mean, yeah, a lot of folks are going to be sick or dead this winter. And a lot more are going to be sitting at home out of work being fed a steady diet of this bile.

18 Likes

tumblr_static_tumblr_mczjm7k97q1rs2zzu

You got any more tales like that?

19 Likes

This is troubling.

10 Likes

You know how dumb us southern hicks are… /s

11 Likes

Agreed. The ‘I was just joking’ excuse is bullshit and unacceptable. I’m sure Trump called him and patted him on the head like a good boy after this display.

8 Likes

Same thing we do every night Pinky, organize our communities. With a little less snark on my part, get together with people geographically near you that share your concerns and make plans. Decide what red line actions will constitute a need to take to the streets. Where will that action take place? How fast after the trigger event? Make plans for how you will support the more vulnerable members of your community if conditions make current income sources unreliable, either through violent unrest, political gridlock, or a general strike. Make contact lists to disseminate news that can inform your actions. If your concerns fall relatively neatly along partisan lines, now is a great time to find out which neighbors might be receptive to such outreach, by looking for yard signs and reaching out to them. If you don’t end up needing that network for things explicitly related to this election’s fallout, then you’ve still built a community network that will be helpful for all kinds of needs.

I think inauguration crowds are a case of competing interests. In terms of Covid, yeah no crowds would be the ideal. I worry that if this narrative of a stolen election gains traction a small turnout will be pointed to as hard evidence that Biden has no mandate.

11 Likes

It’s a good thing that the Republican’s prevented Obama from closing Guantanamo Bay.

6 Likes