Milky, the Marvelous Milking Cow is one of the weirdest toys ever

I would have loved this as a child… it’s a pity that gender norms put this out of my reach. A big epiphany to me is that cooking is more than providing food as fuel that tastes good. If you’ve ever experienced Italian women’s cooking you’ll understand!

1 Like

I never saw the point of giving your child a fake kitchen. You’ve got a real kitchen, right? And never in my life have I ever seen a real kitchen where there wasn’t a real job to be done. From cleaning and washing to prepping veg or peeling potatoes.

It will even teach them some things they’ll need all their adult life…

2 Likes

“Oh, you mammal you…”

Hey man, Elsie is bonded to Elmer.

3 Likes

man i love Super Elastic Bubble Plastic. it had this distinctive scent that was so great.

1 Like

The slime we had in the 70s had a satisfyingly gross chemical smell that I miss as well.

3 Likes

A little strange perhaps but that is one damn fine tune. When they transition to the ending chorus it gives me chills every time.

ETA: It really deserves a listen:

1 Like

I blame peak environmental lead. The drugs are just the cherry on top.

1 Like

Yes I can recall seeing this and just thinking it was amazing. A year later I started first grade and suddenly I was much more aware there were rules but not really knowing what they were.

We spent countless hours playing and making up stories. Imaging is not a bad thing. Although, having realistic props like this are not required to use your imagination, it sure was fun.

Playing aside, I agree, parents should incorporate kids into the kitchen from an early age. Instill in them the joy of cooking and the skills needed. As a kid if I went in the kitchen when food was being made I was either told to leave or given a chore that felt like a chore. There wasn’t much joy in the kitchen and I didn’t start to see there could be until I was late in my 20’s from friends that had very different childhoods.

3 Likes

Now I want to buy another one and stick some Mentos in the udder and force the poor beast to drink some Diet Coke.

5 Likes

The smell of some plastic decals in the 70s, like the STP logo. Hell if I know what it was, but that plasticky smell was awesome.

3 Likes

I know that vinyl can outgas something intense, although I’ve never found it pleasant.

I do remember thinking auto exhaust had a nice-funny smell though… :grimacing:

German companies still produce some wonderful toys to this day.

2 Likes

So, are you suggesting that Uder the cow might not be transgender after all?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.