Millennial Hoarders

Breakng Bad

Post must be at least 15 characters? Fuck that.

6 Likes

Yeah the character limit is something i get but always annoys me ]: grumble grumble. Also you can’t post something that contains only caps, which i also understand but sometimes all i want to say is HELL YES. Or something of that nature, and i can’t. Sadness.

1 Like

She does that too… I assume.

1 Like

I rather thought this was about people who never get rid of any e-mails or photos, even advertisements and the picture you took of your foot in a flip-flop. Granted, they’re just electrons, but unless you have a filing system worthy of LoC, eventually you won’t be able to find anything.

1 Like

Nah, the true Boomer version is - VHS tapes. Boxes and boxes of VHS tapes full of movies and TV shows that were once recorded, but never ever watched.

5 Likes

Oh dear, I had a ton of those until my last house move. Now I have a shelf of home movies of the kids on VHS, but I don’t have a player to watch them on!

1 Like

Does a boatload of 120 Minutes on VHS count? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m a mmillennial hoarder but the garden variety…

My garage is a black hole.

2 Likes

This video reminded me I used to have a subscription to the New Yorker. But I kept putting it aside to read later…

4 Likes

Okay you win the thread.

1 Like

I have a subscription to the digital version-- the paper version just took up too much space.The subscription department regularly sends me junk mail, though. Do they not communicate with each other?

Might I suggest an alternate approach? In case the storage doesn’t work out or whatever. Last time I moved after living in one place for a few years, I decided to hold a Hobbit Party. Not a hobbit themed party, but based on the hobbit tradition of giving other people gifts on your birthday, instead of the other way around. My goal was to reduce my volume of stuff by 50%, but anything works. I invited everyone I knew to a big cookout party, and everyone who came got a gift I’d already selected from my stuff. Some were specifically for certain friends, then there was a general purpose bunch for acquaintances of friends or plus ones.
It was THE MOST FUN party I’ve ever had. People were so pleasantly surprised to get a gift upon arrival, just a thanks for coming, nothing wierd, and I felt so lightened by the exercise, it built the greatest atmosphere.
And everything left over fit in my truck for the move :slight_smile:

Edit: fixed typo

11 Likes

Not a bad idea, though most of my friends live across multiple cities so i’m out of luck there. I think currently i want to stash away my books, which i’d like to continue holding onto, rather than take them with me to the next place. Last time i moved with books it was a pain in the butt.

4 Likes

Other than some specific books that hold some sentimental value and I can’t get as ebooks I am so on board with digital and even then mostly library borrowing for precisely that reason.

Ah, I can relate. For years I dreamed of owning some kind of “home base” which in my mind was essentially a tiny cabin in the woods with all my books and a skillet or two to cook with when I was visiting. Now I have a house with a library and it’s everything I ever dreamed, but moving at this point would be a Herculean effort. Best of luck!

1 Like

Have you tried a tab management extension? Saves groups of tabs as organizable sessions you can get back to later so you’re not wasting all that RAM and screen real estate.

two monitors, one of them HD, and the other 5K
24 GB of RAM.

what waste?

1 Like

A vaporwave or witch house TV show?

(genres fond of using werid Unicode that’s impossible to Google)

Just because you have a four-car garage doesn’t mean you’re not wasting space by keeping one bay filled with old newspapers.

Not old newspapers, but II do have an antique magazine collection.