Millennials are legit screwed

not yet

6 Likes

IS THAT EVEN LEGAL?

1 Like

I’d be hard pressed to vote for any Democrat ever again. Stealing the primary is a non-starter for me. Hillary and the DNC need to get shoved back under the rock they crawled out from. I say this as a boomer and lifelong Democrat who just registered Green and will be voting Jill Stein. Without free and fair elections we have nothing.

7 Likes

Embrace the null.

2 Likes

A lot of them prefer native Spanish speakers. If you frame it like that, then maybe it is

My local tacqueria, all of 100 yards away, only employs Hispanic folks but I know most of the folks there are relatives of the owner. I know family businesses have some legal “out” for that sort of thing. That said, my local Korean place only has Korean staff so I dunno.

3 Likes

You said that right after a bunch of posts with statistics in them.

5 Likes

I thought those were worse than damned lies.

4 Likes

It’s either legal or everybody everywhere gets away with it. I saw a white waitress in a Chinese place once, cognitive dissonance.

1 Like

When I was 15 I rode a bicycle to work

5 Likes

Uphill both ways in a blizzard?

11 Likes

Fair enough. I forget not every mom is as overprotective as mine waa.

1 Like

We had hailstones instead of blizzards

5 Likes

Hmm, sounds like my 20’s and that was 25+ years ago - though I did live on my own and it was tough. Not to de-legitimize the article, but a lot of this is just making your way through life at that age regardless of what image the media portrays of success.

1 Like

Good. Because every single one of them took part in fucking up the future equally, so it is important that you have no sympathy for any single one of them.

4 Likes

Flaming hailstones, no less, and don’t forget the frogs, locusts, and rivers turning into blood.

8 Likes

I’m not so sure. Pretty much all of my friends besides the super rich ones with lots of connections, are still living with their parents. But my parents and all their friends were living on their own and married and stuff within a few years of high school graduation.

My mom and dad bought their first house when they were 22. That’s unheard of today. And they weren’t even rich. My dad was a carpenter at the time and my mom was a librarian.

9 Likes

Which statistics were those? The only one I saw was about the price of gas, and maybe the one about mortgage rates, although they should both be verified. Everything else was just anecdotes.

And our iPhones weren’t iPhones. They were sharp heavy rocks. That we carried in our pockets for no reason.

4 Likes

4 Likes