Million-dollar 1963 Ferrari found in garage of soon-to-be-sold Santa Cruz home

Originally published at: Million-dollar 1963 Ferrari found in garage of soon-to-be-sold Santa Cruz home | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Looks nicer in silver than that blue one, IMHO.

(Awaits purists protesting it should be red.)

4 Likes

That sexy AF car makes up for the terrible Feng Shui in the bedroom.

4 Likes

1,690-square-foot house, which has two bedrooms and two bathrooms, is being sold for $2.499 million.

…and we wonder why people are (supposedly) moving out of CA.

4 Likes

Mehhh, I’m holding out for the red convertible model from “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.”

4 Likes

Love It Reaction GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Holy crap, that is a gorgeous car. It couldn’t be prettier if it was an actual unicorn instead of a metaphorical one.

@anothernewbbaccount, I’ll take the blue one if you’re offering.

7 Likes

Santa Cruz is a delightful town, but for that kind of price I would have hoped the house was at least one of their neat old Victorian homes.

I enjoyed taking the train from the Boardwalk up to the mountains when I visited there. It went straight through the middle of small residential streets and historic neighborhoods on tracks that predated the existence of automobiles.

3 Likes

First of all that house should be worth a lot less than the car. A bland white box with no personality.

Secondly there are only 17 remaining of the 20 right-hand-drive models that were made

Of the 350 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso built only 20 were delivered in right hand drive and it is believed that out of the 20 cars built only 17 cars survive today.

3 Likes

Darn. This one is LHD. Otherwise my $2m would be in the mail! :wink:

2 Likes

Hasty amendment: “Ferrari does not convey with property.”

2 Likes

somehow i just KNOW that Jay Leno is going to buy this car.

2 Likes

The Lusso. Exquisite and purposeful. For me, Pininfarina’s best ever design, and Ferrari’s most beautiful machine ever.

2 Likes

…$1 million to $2.2 million…

I think the higher estimate was based on one that sold for $2.3M at auction in 2011. With only 17 of these babies left, and depending on how well it was restored, I have a feeling it will sell for at least ten times what one did in 2011. (Note: Steve McQueen’s Lusso sold for over $10M; obviously name cache had a lot to do with that.)

Re-read further upthread. Stat not correct. This is an LHD model - stat relates to RHD models, apparently.

1 Like

Got it. Thanky.

1 Like

That car’s the same age as me; but it is far better maintained.

2 Likes

If you were kept under a dusty tarp for decades i expect you’d look a lot different too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.