Miniature trebuchet

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/17/miniature-trebuchet.html

1 Like

Excellent. Something else to put on my desk and aim at the chair people sit in when we meet. It can be added to the creepy bobblehead that stares at them, the framed Wacky Stickers next to the chair, and the display of old computer memory [a cassette tape game of hangman, an 8-inch floppy, some punch cards, and some paper punch tape.]

Love it.

2 Likes

I’d put wheels on it. That’ll make the projectile go further. And maybe switch out the steel counterweight with tungsten or lead.

2 Likes

image Just about Lego size, I’d say. . .

3 Likes

My cousin and I used to make trebuchets and catapults out of LEGO. The catapults used rubber bands, the trebuchets used whatever weight we could fit in the bucket; marbles worked well, pennies or a box of paperclips even better.

Of course after building them we fired them at each other all day.

4 Likes

“Currently unavailable.” :cry:

1 Like

You will put your eye out desk monkey.

5 Likes

… especially if it has a trebuchet ricochet.

2 Likes

Just shut up and take my money!

Though the fiddly positioning of the sling and projectile under the structure when preparing to fire seemed like a process in need of an alternative design solution.

Like that other guy above, I made a trebuchet out of LEGO years ago. Found out you need rubber bands on a model this small; there’s no material dense enough to make a good weight.

With rubber bands I could launch things over 50 feet before the machine exploded.

2 Likes

Beautiful.
And now I want to make a slightly larger one that can hurl a miniature piano.

2 Likes

I’d like a really large one to hurl Trump into the sun.

Unrelated, does he also make guillotines?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.