These mini cinder blocks let you build your own desk gear

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/23/these-mini-cinder-blocks-let-y.html

2 Likes

You can put your 1:12-scale model of a trailer home on four of these!

6 Likes

Each one of those cost about the same as a full size cinder block.

11 Likes

And I thought Lego blocks were expensive!

2 Likes

Going to be a toss-up as to which is the most painful, dropping one of those then standing on it, or stubbing your toe on a full-size block!

2 Likes

I saw silicone molds to make these online years ago. It looked kinda fun.

1 Like

homeopathic construction?

3 Likes

If someone could get the price down to like 20 cents apiece …these would be a classic toy like legos or lincoln logs…

the raw materials are cheap enough, it’d be finding a way to produce those little guys cheap enough.

1 Like

Perfect for you MAGA coworker. “Here you go, Tom. Now you can finally build your imaginary little wall.”

5 Likes

Meh. Build 'em out of legos turned upside down. Spray with gray. No mortar required. Miniscule price.

And your 1:12 scale model car. Just need some 1:12 scale 55 gallon drums and some dixie flags to make the tableau complete…

2 Likes

And the car could be the General Lee.

2 Likes

It’s hilarious and depressing to read some of BB’s old articles excoriating overpriced, useless kitsch objects, and then look at current BoingBoingStore posts.

Bulk legos I imagine are cheaper, but in the kit form they’re about a dime a piece.

I looked at the mini materials site, and they have a set with a scale barrel, k rail, and bricks. They’ll also sell you the silicone mold to make your own cinder blocks.

1 Like

are yu

Ah, now I just need a 1:12 scale cement plant and mixer trucks. Soon my mini-construction labor empire will be complete!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.