Ministry's "(Everyday Is) Halloween" (1984)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/31/ministrys-everyday-is-halloween-1984.html

2 Likes

He’s been finally accepting and embracing that period of his career!

And with Connelly here!!!

6 Likes

Good! It’s all so incredibly cheesy with its well worn (even for the time) synth-pop tropes and faux British accents, but it’s still got its own quirky charm to it. I can unironically listen to With Sympathy and enjoy it just as much as ΚΕΦΑΛΗΞΘ.

It’s an indelible and interesting part of his career, so I’m glad to see him finally coming around to accepting it as more than a shameful aberration of his past.

4 Likes

I know it’s a @pesco tradition, but just to make sure there’s a link circlejerk and so we can revisit old threads and friends:

3 Likes

Why do I feel like it hasn’t been 365 days since the last time this was posted?

1 Like

Well, I like Ministry, but how about a new tradition?

Penderecki - “De Natura Sonoris No. 2” (performed by Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra)

I’m kind of partial to this one:

Hamburger Lady (Remastered) - Throbbing Gristle

It’ll leave plenty of room for you on the dance floor. :smile:

4 Likes

Some other Halloween favorites:

And in my house, Type O is on permanent fall Playlist.

Ministry is always fantastic though

4 Likes

Holy shit, Connelly is back with Al after that tell-all he wrote? I thought it was clear that they hated each other and would never collaborate again.

2 Likes

Poor Evil Ed; he didn’t deserve his grisly fate.

1 Like

I’m partial to

this time of year.

Although in recent years, Haxan Cloak has also been put into rotation, e.g.

Huh! I’m surprised they didn’t do a more heavy metal version.

6 Likes

Fuck yeah, Coil!

Yeah, but I really dig it as this acoustic version.

4 Likes

They really managed to clear the air, I think, because Al has really cleaned up his act in recent years.

Also, I think on the last Pigface tour Chris appeared with them near Chicago, so he must have mended fences with Martin Atkins as well.

Aging helps to forgive and forget, I think, though probably the recent death of Bill Rieflin probably reminded every one from that scene that they’re not getting any younger…

Anyway, I do love Connelly!

And HOLY CRAP a new album is about to drop by him, look it’s a new video!

AND he has a new book, too!

Maybe 2020 isn’t total shit after all! although the new album was MEANT to be a collaboration with Rieflin before he died, and is now about Rieflin and never mind 2020 sucks…

6 Likes

With a backstory that I recall Ossian Brown having told me and a fine Photoshop I asked Rob to make:

4 Likes

Anything Hellraiser I’m all over. I’m wearing a Pinhead shirt right now actually.

Doug Bradley, Pinhead himself, actually lives just outside my city of Pittsburgh, in a suburb of Monroeville, so I’m told. A friend of a friend made him a new Cenobite costume for cons a few years ago, I hope I can meet him someday

3 Likes

tenor

6 Likes

bop bop bop bop bip bip

The trendies packed the dance floor whenever that wretched tune was played, and I betook my goth ass to the bar to escape them and it.

bop bop bop bop bip bip

Well my goth ass was out there dancing to it, so…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.