Ministry's "(Everyday Is) Halloween" (1984)

Originally published at: Ministry's "(Everyday Is) Halloween" (1984) | Boing Boing

3 Likes

tenor

8 Likes

bill hader halloween GIF by Saturday Night Live

6 Likes

4 Likes

(Possible re-boing, but sorta cute.)

2 Likes

Happy Halloween!

For any industrial fans out there, Charles Levi, bassist for My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult, Pigface, Project. 44, and other industrial projects had a pretty severe health scare recently. The details I am not sure of, but he is awake now. If you want to follow, Martin Atkins of Pigface, Killing Joke, etal, is keeping people appraised of his situation.

https://www.facebook.com/martin.atkins.338/posts/10219616286333002

Also, if one is inclined, he put up merch whose proceeds will go to Charles.

6 Likes

That is the epitome of creepy cool.

2 Likes

Never liked that song. bop bop bop bop bip bip All the trendies would cram the club’s dancefloor, and I’d run away, down to the basement.

I was in shock when Ministry released Stigmata. “Wait, this isn’t trendy dance crap!”

Stigmata was Al Jorgensen trying to sound like Skinny Puppy. Halloween was when he was still trying to sound like Depeche Mode.

Ministry were always unoriginal trend-hopping poseurs

1 Like

I personally like the Psalm 69 album. But it is more metal/industrial. It was one album my college roommate - who hated most of my beep boop techno and boop beep guitar industrial - could agree on.

1 Like

I like it as much as the harder Ministry… :woman_shrugging: I also like “trendy” dance stuff like the Cure, DM, and Erasure… Who cares.

2 Likes

So cool! I am always open to Halloween, All Souls Day, and Day of the Dead. Here in San Francisco we celebrate all three days. Also as someone born on Halloween I have finally learned it’s not just about me. :jack_o_lantern::skull::black_heart:

2 Likes

Well, that’s me told. So very sorry.

2 Likes

It would just be nice if we could let everyone enjoy whatever they enjoy without judgement and we can maybe deal with the shit storm of problems we all have to face together. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.