Minnesota county museum's impressive collection of creepy antique dolls

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/25/minnesota-county-museums-imp.html

3 Likes

FFFFFSSS

I immediately started thinking about that recent cursed doll movie series (whatever the name of it is), and how really tame that scary doll design is compared to any of these real ones. (Much less the “real” supposedly cursed doll that ostensibly was the inspiration for the movie series, which hilariously is just a bog-standard, mass-produced Raggedy Anne doll.)

5 Likes

Reminds me of my mother-in-laws basement guest room. About a dozen dolls sitting around with their soulless eyes staring at you. Freaked me out. Hated staying in that room.

4 Likes

For some people, it’s the dark; for others, it’s clowns. For me, it was my mom’s doll from childhood that had deteriorated to a gray pallor and only one eye.

4 Likes

Guessing this guy is the star of Elf on the Shelf: The Horror Movie?

3 Likes

I’m voting for whichever one moves around the museum when it’s dark, and nobody else is there.

But yeah, #3 is creepy as all F.

1 Like

Man, that would creep me the F out.
I get auto emails from Zillow and Redfin and every once and a while, a doll room will be in the slides for homes for sale. And other interesting stuff. The last thing I remember was a chrome trimline phone in the john.

*Edit. Found it - I saved and commented…

1 Like

Stephen and Timothy Quay would have a field day in that museum.

1 Like

At least it’s next to the sink and not the toilet. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Definitely stealing this to use as a reaction gif

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.