Minnesota Senator: "I'm not a historian of Minnesota, but I do understand that the genocides between white people and Indians included several genocides each way."

Originally published at: Minnesota Senator: "I'm not a historian of Minnesota, but I do understand that the genocides between white people and Indians included several genocides each way." | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Bill Burr GIF by The Roku Channel

shut the fuck up GIF

27 Likes

Youre Wrong Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen

Election 2016 GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Joel Mchale Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

32 Likes

That must be why there are so few white people left in Minnesota and Wisconsin. :roll_eyes:

50 Likes

Mark has the Minnesota politicians in the crosshairs today, and apparently with good reason.

17 Likes

… and Europe :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

This is the only thing that really needs to be said

Just count the number of people remaining on each side, and see which side got closest to committing genocide. It’s not even close.

23 Likes

Just asking questions…

12 Likes

19 Likes

5c9

22 Likes

These folks would leap for joy if they could find historical documentation of a Black person who enslaved a white person, regardless of the culture or time period in which it happened.

17 Likes

Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

11 Likes

I know you’re being facetious, but this is a good (if older) book on the subject.

10 Likes

Either he doesn’t understand that genocide is not a battle or a skirmish….or he does, and he is strategically trying to redefine the term so the MAGAs can “both sides” the issue and thereby justify their own genocidal ideation. They’ve used this play repeatedly, to great effect.

23 Likes

“You know — and I grew up in Wisconsin, so I’m not a historian of Minnesota,” he said on the senate floor

You know…because you’re not allowed to learn the history of any other place if you live in Wisconsin, right? :man_shrugging:

17 Likes

28 Likes

23 Likes

Just to think: when I graduated HS in Minnesota, the state was top rated in education, quality of life, and medical care.

Then came Jesse “the mind” Ventura. And Michelle Bachman. And Tim Pawlenty. And…

Aw, shit. Really Minnesota? WTF happened to you?

16 Likes

The governor of MN was on the News Hour last night. That’s when I learned that he’s a Dem, as are both houses in the state legislator. Today I’m seeing all this that @frauenfelder is bringing up, and I’m all… whaaaa?

6 Likes
13 Likes