‘Put them all in a gas chamber,’ said Border militia member, 'go back to Hitler days' — Report

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/06/put-them-all-in-a-gas-chamb.html

6 Likes

@anon75430791 made a disturbing but insightful observation…

39 Likes

This is where it’s always headed with xenophobes and Identitarians – and their kapos.

Apparently, though, the government has other priorities about who to go after:

21 Likes

What do we do with NAZIs and people who say Hitler was right everyone?

Batman and Captain America agree!

48 Likes

As I’ve stated over in the Trump-inspired A-holes thread,

Jeezus…LARPing, you’re doing it wrong.

Also +1 for the irony of one Armando Gonzalez being anti-Mexican.

33 Likes

The last time nazis were a problem, we solved it by shooting them, burning them, blowing them up.

It was very effective.

25 Likes

On the one hand, this particular asshole is just saying out loud what the (slightly) more discerning assholes are thinking. On the other hand, HOLY FUCKING CHRIST THEY WANT LITERAL GAS CHAMBERS!!! What kind of a hellhole are we becoming?

33 Likes

Dude’s delusional. They’re white.

9 Likes

Just wait, you’ll find out.

8 Likes

And wanting ethnicity-based genocide. How does he think that’s going to work out?
I know Mexican immigrants who are anti-Mexican immigrant - they came in “the right way” and are upset by newer waves of immigrants who didn’t (and who maybe came from other parts of the country). In part, I think, because they didn’t want to get lumped in with the newer group and judged (by, you know, the kind of people who were going to judge them regardless of how they got here). But this is a whole other level of cognitive dissonance/not understanding how these things work.

23 Likes

I know Russian immigrants like this, who disdain defectors. Like the defectors had any real idea the USSR would dissolve in their lifetime?

Fucking ladder-snappers, the lot of 'em.

17 Likes

“We have to go back to Hitler days and put them all in a gas chamber,” the militia member, Armando Gonzalez, is also alleged to have said.

Bad news, Armando, my friend. Right now, your pals may be saying “We’re just gonna execute illegal immigrants.” But they won’t stick with that for long. They’re itching for a genocide of anyone who isn’t white enough, and wearing that militia patch won’t save you or your family from catching a bullet in the brainpan.

21 Likes

These are the paramilitaries. They will be tomorrow’s death squads.

12 Likes

friggin degens. there’s at least one gene pool reject in every town, and almost everyone hates dealing with his racist nonsense.

You know who should be rounded up and locked up? illegal border militias.

6 Likes

I guess there is a little ember of humanity left when it was one of their own who reported the comments.

5 Likes

Yeah, he’s a real hero, telling white supremacist cops that a member of a white supremacist paramilitary is a white supremacist.

8 Likes

Can anyone point to one example where knowledge of History and recognizing the dangers of it has stopped evil from proliferating?

Yeah, that’s the thing about history unfortunately. It only becomes more universally agreed upon after it happens, if at all.

I’m afraid educating morons isn’t enough to get rid of morons. There needs to be some sort of direct consequence that makes people that say things like this fully understand the horror of what they propose.

When it’s dropping the atom bomb, I can still take people to the atom bomb Museum in Hiroshima and scare them straight.

The only thing I can think of for bigots like this is crowdfunding tickets all-expenses-paid to visit Dachau and Auschwitz. Extra economy class, no sightseeing, and shity food.

6 Likes

It’s interesting that we think of everyone south of our border as being of one homogeneous group. Gonzalez, if he had roots in Mexico, could be just like those without Hispanic roots North of the border; thinking how someone in another part of his country or other countries further south are criminals, rapists and job-stealers; he believes these immigrants are not worthy of life because he thinks their goal is to steal his life out from under him. It’s all bred in a culture of fear, ignorance and entitlement.

The irony isn’t lost; it just probably doesn’t exist by Gonzalez’s standards. These people coming over the border are not like him or his parents/grandparents/great-grandparents.

6 Likes

tumblr_pr1gjqMiQW1wkwhsoo2_500

16 Likes

There might be a bit of difference here. Russian immigrants left their country, legally, and freely emigrated somewhere else. Soviet defectors betrayed their country, and most likely had to give up some sort of state secrets to do so.

2 Likes