Minnesota Senator: "I'm not a historian of Minnesota, but I do understand that the genocides between white people and Indians included several genocides each way."

Don’t forget Mike Pillow.

Knowing Gi Joe GIF by MOODMAN

8 Likes

The other half is:

7bp5rl

12 Likes

punch acds2 GIF by Anime Crimes Division

9 Likes

I don’t think those words mean what he thinks they mean.

1 Like

Haven’t read it, but the last paragraph of the description seems relevant

Ultimately, what emerges most clearly from Anderson’s account is the outsize suffering of innocents on both sides of the Dakota War—and, identified unequivocally for the first time, the role of white duplicity in bringing about this unprecedented and needless calamity.

Yes, those indigenous people should have peacefully accepted their violent genocide rather than fighting back… /s

7 Likes

That this level of stupid can make it to any State Senate has convinced me that politics is a game of chance and not of skill. Literally anyone can do it if they’re lucky.

I mean… in an actually democratic society, shouldn’t it be “anyone”?

4 Likes

Nah. You have to get people to at least “think” your smart enough to solve their problems for them. Going around making claims like this exemplifies a level of stupid I hadn’t even conceived of before in a politician.

Maybe her had a great speechwriter before he was elected; How he handled town meetings i just don’t know?

Yes. Nothing matters. Certainly not gerrymandering and voter suppression…

5 Likes

Those bits of political chicanery certainly seem to have worked in this case. I agree! It’s amazing what a little bad faith legislation can do.

You’re

9 Likes

Much can be justified, poorly.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.