Miserable Marjorie Taylor Greene was saddled with a big white balloon today (video)

Yeah, on the one hand, it was floating over some the least densely populated US states, but on the other hand, it’s frickin’ huge and had a good chance of coming down on power lines, if nothing else. Shooting it down over land would have been reckless, which is exactly what Republicans would have called Biden if he had done it. There was literally no response he could have made that wouldn’t have sent them into a tizzy - given that the actual response was the most reasonable in the situation and they’re still completely freaking out over it.

7 Likes

Imagine how upset MTG would have been if Biden ignored advice and ordered the balloon shot down over eastern Montana. Debris could have hit a Ford Pinto that had been up on blocks for 40 years! Or drifted a few miles further east and hit Mt Rushmore before Trump was carved into the mountain.

4 Likes

This just in: GQP makes a mountain out of a balloon hill. Film at 11:00.

Come on, they’re going to turn every single thing Biden does into “the worst crisis this nation has ever faced!” This it the party of “you didn’t wear a flag pin!” and “no president ever wore a tan suit!” and “Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi for the sixth time despite the last five finding no wrong doing!”

Empty G is just doing the expected GQP thing. They don’t govern and haven’t since the 90’s. They are the party of grievances and hate, that’s their entire existence now.

11 Likes

Who writes her comedy material; this guy?

11 Likes

Let’s all remember that prop comedy is the lowest form of comedy

4 Likes

We should educate him on asset forfeiture, as well provide an in-depth, multi-year course on the details of the criminal justice system, the prison system, and the desperate need for reform. I have an idea how…

6 Likes

Maybe the assumptions about this are all wrong. What if she meant this as a “trial” balloon? Like Georgia is probably where TFG is certain to face his first trial.

Nah, never mind.

2 Likes

I wish the military/intelligence community would release a statement to the effect of “Maybe if you read your daily fucking intelligence briefing like a goddamn grownup, instead of watching TV, you might have had some awareness of the spy balloons”.

9 Likes

Sure.

7 Likes
6 Likes

It’s ironic that she says this, because if they had shot the balloon down early it would have offered no advantage to the Republicans at all. Fox News would have valiantly tried to push “senile Biden orders military overreaction to harmless weather balloon” stories but it wouldn’t have got the attention from God and guns bedwetters that a balloon looming over the country for a day or two did.

As for shooting it down before it entered US airspace, I’m not 100% on the exact path of the balloon but there are international waters in which the US might have chosen to bring the balloon down, or they could have brought it down in US-claimed coastal waters on the West coast, maybe? I’m not saying that her suggestion wasn’t imbecilic, but I think it could have been done if the US wanted to. It looks like the one they’re harping on about came in over the Aleutian Islands, where the US and Russian borders abut, so it could have been more challenging, I suppose.

1 Like

Wait! Is there a crowdfunder to get her several hundred more helium balloons to hold on to all at the same time? I’m IN!

1 Like

Eric Morecambe’s brown paper bag begs to disagree (along with Tommy Cooper’s fez).

2 Likes

I’ll accept that as a confession that she is a traitorous Chinese spy.

1 Like

Thank you for pointing this one out @theophrastus – just posted it

2 Likes

I keep seeing this picture of Empty Greene today

Is the House Floor really that cold? Was she planning on being ejected into the frigid Washington night?

2 Likes

that collar is made from fur that she personally skinned from an animal she personally shot because second amendment. she will not bow down to anti-fur snowflakes no sir not on her watch.

3 Likes

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

These people are not actual hunters who get their hands dirty with actual hunting and processing their kills. They like to cosplay these identities to get voters.

8 Likes

Good example because everyone hates Chico’s dialect comedy. They do don’t they?

4 Likes

It was warm last night. The dead animal was for show. Almost 70f in DC today.

4 Likes